suntour hesc conversion bits help

mcozzy

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2016
Some very rough guidance please. My halfords carerra crossfire has packed up. I'm not the original owner & have no receipt for warranty & I have no faith in them being able to assist. (I suspect the controller or torque sensor in the crank)
So I have the hub motor & the battery. I am assuming a battery is a battery & a motor is a motor. So I need a controller, a digital display & some sort of torque sensor?
Can anyone please suggest what would work?
Awaiting being told I cant use the motor or battery as they are all different... :(

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Some very rough guidance please. My halfords carerra crossfire has packed up. I'm not the original owner & have no receipt for warranty & I have no faith in them being able to assist. (I suspect the controller or torque sensor in the crank)
So I have the hub motor & the battery. I am assuming a battery is a battery & a motor is a motor. So I need a controller, a digital display & some sort of torque sensor?
Can anyone please suggest what would work?
Awaiting being told I cant use the motor or battery as they are all different... :(
I don't know for certain, as I've never taken one apart, however:

Most modern hub motored bikes use a 36v battery and brushless, DC motor. When I say most, I mean nearly all.

To confirm battery voltage, look at the bike. Somewhere it should be stated. If not, you'll have to get a meter on it.

To confirm the motor type, post a picture, including the electrical connections. Most often it'll be three thick wires and a number of thinner ones.

Assuming it's as I guess, a KU65 from BMS battery will work. These are the most compatible controllers I have found, and will work senseless (3 wires).

You may have to change the control inputs (throttle, pedal sensor) so it would be worth getting them at the same time.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4366

Show us a clear picture of the motor connector showing the pins.