Suntour NCX SP-12

warlord0

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2024
Midlands
I decided to try and make my commute a little lesh harsh.

The Wisper 806 has no suspension and even along the canal my ass takes a beating.

I fitted the SP-12 in no time yesterday and what a difference the commute was this morning. A turn on the pre-tension and a slight up angle on the seat, and it really takes out the small bumps and vibration. Very pleased with it.

The reviews said it placed the seat an inch or so further back. But the 806 seat is already in that position, it's just perfect.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
The reviews said it placed the seat an inch or so further back. But the 806 seat is already in that position, it's just perfect.
SP-12 has very good saddle mount mechanism. You can easily adjust saddle position to your liking.

Edit: Make sure you don't use quick release post clamp.

Reactions: warlord0

warlord0

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2024
Midlands
SP-12 has very good saddle mount mechanism. You can easily adjust saddle position to your liking.

Edit: Make sure you don't use quick release post clamp.
What's the story on quick release?

warlord0

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2024
Midlands
No story just yet. But there might be if you leave bike somewhere with seatpost worth £100 and quick release clamp. Don't make it easy for opportunist thieves.
Yeah, pretty standard. So far the only place my bike goes is on the train with me to the office, and into locked bike storage.

And just for those who haven't seen one. Pictures attached.
IMG_20240415_184207.jpgIMG_20240415_184231.jpg

warlord0

Pedelecer
Jan 24, 2024
Midlands
Why is your seat at that angle?
It's not as rakish as it looks. It is angled up slightly at the font, rather than the only flat option of the standard post. But I think it looks more so just because of the angle of the photo. Probably because it was on the side stand.

IMG_20240415_180749.jpg

A better shot.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Nae offence, but thats a f****g horribly uncomfortable looking saddle lol

Grebacwhite

Pedelecer
Aug 9, 2020
Lol, i got that seat post, i just machine different diameter sleeves to fit my various bikes, it's really good taking out the bumps, tho be sure to set the preload for your weight.

Bought mine back in April '21 for £52, shocking the price of them now!!

One negative tho, the incremental angle adjustment is way too big, needs to be smaller.

Related Articles

Advertisers