Supplier of the Year award

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
There has been a thread on the E-bike of the year and I was wondering whether we ought to have a supplier award of the year for customer service at an individual level and support to the forum at a general level

There are clearly some better suppliers than others which leads me to further believe some naming and shaming of the less good could have a beneficial effect, although I am worried that this might get into a slagging off match between one supplier and another, particularly as there are some examples of this already on the forum.

We can probably never have a clear winner of the positive award as it will depend on the number of bikes in use but may be we can place some on a nominations list.

Perhaps putting up a future poll will alow some percentages to be shown of customer satisfaction by owners

Any thoughts from anyone else?

My positive nomination for a supplier award would be Wisper - I am biased as I have one and have been well supported and on a general level they have also done a lot on the forum too.

I am sure there should be others.

Last edited:
C

Cyclezee

I was going to start a similar thread John, but thought better of it following some responses to other threads I started recently.:rolleyes:
My vote goes to 50cycles for speedy no hassle customer service;) I have no experience of any other supplier.

J:) hn

Last edited by a moderator:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Certainly Wisper and 50cycles will figure very highly, but we shouldn't forget Powabyke's national dealership and approved service centre network and the dedicated service that their Frank Curran has consistently given to members.

It would probably be very difficult to separate these three where customer service rankings are concerned, but it's certain that they are examples to the rest of this industry which for the most part lags far behind.

That said, it's encouraging to note that e-bike service standards in general have definitely been improving as suppliers start to realise just how vital it is. 2006 and 2007 in this forum saw user complaints dominant, but in 2008 they have been much less prominent and there has been a sharp rise in postings giving praise for good service.

Last edited:

Beeping-Sleauty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 12, 2006
Colchester, Essex
Could this award be extended to component suppliers as well...?

i would certainly nominate Li Ping for his LiFePo4 batteries and his support, i have yet to hear of him failing a single customer, no mean feat from the other side of the world considering the type of product he sells.

and also e-Crazyman, excellent service and he always goes the extra mile to ensure he gave you what worked.

The Chinese often get bad press, so it would be positive for forum members to know who the good guys are.

i'm sure there are plenty of other suppliers, not just complete systems producers, who are worthy of a mention.....

or perhaps that would be a new thread,

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

Just got back from my shift and oh what a lovely day on the bike even when 0.

I must say 50cycles have provided the best experience of a company I have ever had. They even replied to me on christmas day at 11pm. That alone deserves suppliers of the year award.

thx

Bob

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
I must say 50cycles have provided the best experience of a company I have ever had. They even replied to me on christmas day at 11pm. That alone deserves suppliers of the year award.
You're not the only one Bob... They mailed me on christmas day too (at midnight) to tell me that they had a replacement for my broken stand in stock. Can't beat that for service.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I was going to start a similar thread John, but thought better of it following some responses to other threads I started recently.:rolleyes:

J:) hn
You should have done John.

Then you could have become the forum's Nominator of the Year. :D

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Could this award be extended to component suppliers as well...?

i would certainly nominate Li Ping for his LiFePo4 batteries and his support, i have yet to hear of him failing a single customer, no mean feat from the other side of the world considering the type of product he sells.

and also e-Crazyman, excellent service and he always goes the extra mile to ensure he gave you what worked.
I second you on those two, Beeps.

One more I would add is forum member JohnP, who has become the first reliable and reasonably priced UK seller of Tongxin motors, which I am sure are currently occupying the spare time of quite a few forum members who are making them up into bikes!

bogmonster

Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2008
I second you on those two, Beeps.

One more I would add is forum member JohnP, who has become the first reliable and reasonably priced UK seller of Tongxin motors, which I am sure are currently occupying the spare time of quite a few forum members who are making them up into bikes!
Can't comment on e-crazyman as I have had no dealings but I am more than happy with Li Ping and JohnP and have had direct dealings :D

Also, I am impressed with the Wisper staff and Powabyke staff. I like down to earth honesty. Of course all suppliers have a vested interest but I have noted that these suppliers have been honest about thier product's strengths and weaknesess and have appeared to give fantastic customer service. I have had limited dealings with both companies but have read their posts. I almost feel guilty for not buying a Wisper actually. Never mind, sombody in my office just bought a 905 eco. I will let you know how she gets on.

Cheers, BM.

burncycle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2008
Sheffield
Hi

Just got back from my shift and oh what a lovely day on the bike even when 0.

thx

Bob
Thats great, although most of us carnt forget the fiasco of the ultra late deliveries of the Pro Connects at the start of this year.
And 50cycles being less than compassionate towards their anxiously waiting customers.
3rd place or less I think.

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

Oh shes back again.

All good things to those that wait.

The Kalkhoff bikes have the best back up my Izip was impossible to get any good service from.
50cycles have been not only the best E bike supplier but have been the best company I have deal with in 45 years since my first tonka toy.

thx

Bob

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

I will get on my bike like you suggest. I might go back to school but you will always be the village idiot.

Happy new beer

Bob

wotwozere

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2008
Hi

Ok sorry about that it was new years eve and got home a bit merry and on too many whiskies.

thx

Bob