Suspension Seatpost

Robw1uk

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2009
Northampton
I've just ordered a NCX from rosebikes for my hardtail marin bike. I tried to get a Thud buster on ebay but i was always getting outbid.....In the end i decided to get the NCX and by all accounts the Suntour NCX is supposed to be better.
It's one of those things that you can't skimp on, you'll only have to buy it once. I think rosebikes recently reduced the price to £66+shipping, so i'm glad i waited.

Suntour seat post SP12-NCX at a low price in the online bike shop www.rosebikes.com
That looks ok to me , think i may get that one thanks for the info .

Rob

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
Exhumed this thread, just to say I received the Suntour sp12 ncx, ordered from VTT, BMX, Cyclist apparel, Bicycle accessories. Welcome to XXcycle - en
On bonfire night €76.32 delivered: This was the best price I could find: There was a merchant on Tesco.com marketplace advertising them a quid cheaper, but No Stock over several weeks.

I did pm Hatti to ask if Woosh were selling them, but No Reply :rolleyes:

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Exhumed this thread, just to say I received the Suntour sp12 ncx, ordered from VTT, BMX, Cyclist apparel, Bicycle accessories. Welcome to XXcycle - en
On bonfire night €76.32 delivered: This was the best price I could find: There was a merchant on Tesco.com marketplace advertising them a quid cheaper, but No Stock over several weeks.

I did pm Hatti to ask if Woosh were selling them, but No Reply :rolleyes:
How long did it take to come?
Its £59.86 delivered so over a tenner cheaper than the next cheapest I can find.
Ta

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
For anyone with a sore posterior who is after an NCX at the moment who missed my post in another thread...

I got mine here (yesterday):
http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/...m-hard-215431?currency=3&delivery_country=190
£44.83 + approx. £5delivery

That's the best price I've come across reading any of these threads looking at NCX seatposts!

There are also some good prices (I think) on Cane Creeks £113.5 or 121.5 and also very basic Cube seat posts with suspension for £28.5 + delivery

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
:( If only that would fit my bike and I hadn't just ordered one!!

I've got to admit having seen your bike cleaning routine that the Thudbuster is probably in better condition than a new one Eddie!

Reactions: EddiePJ

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
It would fit mine BUT having just read JamesW's other post I have just ordered a suntour and then came to this post:oops:
All my other bikes are 27.2 so no good for them either.
Its a good bargain for someone though.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi Eddie,

Are you willing to sell it to me instead? :)

Thinking to upgrade my ST version. Is it worth upgrading?

Pat

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Hi pat, you have a PM. :)

In relation to the upgrade, I can definitely say yes.

I had an LT on one bike and the ST on another. To me there was quite a marked difference between the two, and the LT is far more forgiving, and just seemed to function better.

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
Hi Eddie,

Came to this thread too late. I take it the seatpost is sold, if not I'd be interested.

Jim

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Thanks Eddie. Got your PM.

Hope it will serve me well.

Pat

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Hi Eddie,

Came to this thread too late. I take it the seatpost is sold, if not I'd be interested.

Jim
Sorry Jim, if I replace my ST to LT I could sell the ST to you.

Are you interested?

Pat

stevew

Pedelecer
As this is a seat post thread i thought i'd post here rather than starting a new one.
I have a Thudbuster which was great on my Scott but now as the Scott is sold i'm stuck with a 26.8mm post that i cant get to fit all my 27.2mm bikes :(
It seems too small a difference in post sizes to shim. Going to need a shim 0.2mm shim which i reckon is a bit like filigree o_O Any thoughts about how i can get some more use out of it?

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I just came here to share the fact that you can now get this cheap from bike discount Germany

But clearly beaten to it !

I just ordered one as under fifty quid delivered is a steal

Reactions: Kinninvie

VictoryV

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2012
near Biggleswade
As this is a seat post thread i thought i'd post here rather than starting a new one.
I have a Thudbuster which was great on my Scott but now as the Scott is sold i'm stuck with a 26.8mm post that i cant get to fit all my 27.2mm bikes :(
It seems too small a difference in post sizes to shim. Going to need a shim 0.2mm shim which i reckon is a bit like filigree o_O Any thoughts about how i can get some more use out of it?
How about a wrap or two of "duct tape" around the stem, that should give enough filler, or a small section of 22mm plastic pipe, split vertically to open up the sleeve size to the stem size

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
How about a wrap or two of "duct tape" around the stem, that should give enough filler, or a small section of 22mm plastic pipe, split vertically to open up the sleeve size to the stem size
With a difference that small I would run a dremel down the seatpost groove and tighten the bolt up a bit more as its less than half a millimetre difference.