Sustrans Connect 2: **VOTE NOW**

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
I'm a bit late posting this but for anyone who's not already aware there is £50M of lottery funds to be used for 1 of 4 projects. For most of us cyclists the preferred choice would be the Sustrans Connect 2 project concerned with improving existing cycle routes and creating new paths in 79 separate locations.

The decision on who gets the money is by pubic vote and as voting closes midday Monday 10th Dec. it is important to **VOTE NOW**

To vote for Sustrans Connect 2 simply phone 0870 24 24 602 (10p from a landline)

Remember you must VOTE before 12:00 Monday 10th December .

C

Cyclezee

Thanks for the reminder Ian. I have just voted online which is free.

John:)

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Thanks guys, the more the better, and that includes guests as well.

I didn't mention the online voting as the site implies that the the registration validation process may take some time, obviously many have registered in advance and for those online voting is the easiest option.

But for the rest! ...... 0870 24 24 602

And tell your friends.....

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Thanks for the reminder Ian - saw this on TV t'other day and meant to vote, which have now done, online :). Hope it does some good.

"The results are expected to be announced on ITV on Wednesday evening on 12 December 2007." (According to the terms & conditions).

Stuart.

Last edited:

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Yes, I'm surprised the date of the results announcement was only to be found buried deep in the terms & conditions, although the additional stipulation:

"The Big Lottery Fund and ITV reserve the right to change, amend or vary any of the dates and times of the announcement of the results or any of the other programmes in relation to the vote at any time in their absolute discretion."

may have something to do with it... :rolleyes:

I feel I should add that I'm not sure how I feel about these sorts of votes & things generally, and am certainly ambivalent towards or even against 'lottery funding' on principle, since I don't agree with lotteries, but I just hope it does some good, whatever the outcome :).

Stuart.

Last edited:

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
I certainly share your doubts about lotteries Stuart, particularly as much of the lottery advertising seems to be aimed at those least able to afford to gamble and least able to appreciate just how steeply the odds are stacked against them.

In this case though the money is there and quite apart from my biased view as cyclist which is in no way influenced by Sustrans intention, if successful, to spend a portion of the money on facilities virtually in my back yard, I really do believe Connect 2 is the most worthy contender because the benefit is distributed throughout the country.

It would be better if the paltry sum of £50M was raised by a tax on 4x4's though.:D

coops

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2007
Manchester U.K.
I agree Ian &

Ian said:
I really do believe Connect 2 is the most worthy contender because the benefit is distributed throughout the country.
That had occurred to me too :).

Just to wait & see now if Christmas might come early for cyclists... :D.

Stuart.