Swap a bbso1 for a tsdz2 as a direct test

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Just as an aside after months of just the tsdz2 :) I used the trike with a bbs01 etm today I had forgotten how much I missed the ghost pedal trick ;) first lazy ride in a long while arrived home refreshed :D
Perhaps it is just because its now colder and wet mud everywhere

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
In the market for a 2nd mid drive motor, already have a BBS01 36v 350W that I'm very happy with. Have 36v batteries, so would have to run the 36v TSDZ2.
My current BBS01 moved to and would be used for a MTB I have and mainly used off road.
The new motor would go onto my Boardman MX Comp touring/commuting bike (the bike that currently has the BBS01)

Would be opting for a UK legal BBS01 250w and limiting the speed to 15.5mph, likewise with the TSDZ2.
I have 2 x 17.5ah Hailong 36v batteries and enjoy day rides, with the goal of 100 miles range using both batteries. I can achieve 80 miles with my current BBS01 on assist 3-4 (of 9), using about 5-7a current when under assist (approx 200w)

Use to a torque sensor (with my Carrera Crossfire-e bike, now not ridden much), but also like the fun of the cadence system of the Bafang at times.

The current Bafang has been reliable, no issues in 2700 miles so far in the last year or so. I have some worries around the reliability reported with the TSDZ2

With the limitation of the 36v batteries I have, what would you guys recommend, stick with what I know and love or move to the TSDZ2 for better range and a more natural riding experience ?

Cheers