Tailwind battery light indicator

fatboytrig

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
Hi All,

Does anyone know why my battery life indicator, four LED's on the handlebar, stay at a full 4 whilst the battery itself runs out as normal.

It's been doing it for a while now. Actually, I think, ever since the dealer replaced my charger as it was faulty.

just wondering if this is a common problem or not. the battery life is still the same, still fine, still charging it daily, after every commute, which is 3-5 days a week, depending on how many I work from home.

Has anyone seen or heard of this issue before. I can't find anything in the forums but then I may not be using the correct search terms for such things.

If not, its not the end of the world. just wondered if there may be a 'reset' or something for this kind of technology.

Matt

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Usually the only reset is a full discharge and recharge, since this allows the meter system to reset it's zero point so that it reads more accurately subsequently. This mainly applies to meters that are incorporated within the battery case, but it's worth a try on yours. Just run the battery as low as possible in use on the bike, then fully recharge it.

Doing that on the odd occasion won't hurt it, it just shouldn't be done every use. Your SCiB battery should be long lived anyway.