The Buzzing Club

JohnofCambridge

Pedelecer
Aug 21, 2007
Stapleford, Cambridge
A friend passed me a magazine of the above name as it had an article on electric bikes. The magazine is similar in style to A to B and it is the journal of the National Autocycle & Cyclemotor Club Ltd

They describe themselves as:-

"The National Autocycle and Cyclemotor Club was formed in 1981 as the East Anglian Cyclemotor Club. Since its inception the club has grown in size and now has members all over the British Isles, and also has many members in other countries throughout the World.
Membership is open to anyone interested in autocycles, cyclemotors, electric cycles and mopeds."

Notice the mention of electric bikes. Their orientation though seems to be older machines

The article on electric bikes in the December 2008 edition was about the
Presteigne event (May 2008). It seemed to have three basic messages:-

1. Watch out members, the electric bike is the way of the future
2. A series of amusing comments against the heavies in Lycra at Presteigne (basically ban them!)
3. How big office mass produced lunches led the owner of Ezee bikes to leave a large engineering company at lunchtime to search out a restaurant and how he developed an electric bike to bring more restaurants within his range for a work lunch. (Not too sure of the truth of all of this given the amusing nature of the article)

If anyone is interested in finding out more about the buzzing club the website is:-

NACC, National Autocycle and Cyclemotor Club, official site, Buzzing magazine, cyclemotors, autocycles, mopeds, nacc, parts, spares, insurance

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
These people really are enthusiastic about their subject, and as you say,the emphasis is on the historic.

A retired headmaster who was a onetime near neighbour of mine built a museum of these old machines in a series of sheds in his back garden, all manner of oddities from Excelsior autocycles through to the Trojan "monkey bike". He and it moved out to Kent so I've no idea where the museum is now.

Danny-K

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2008
South West
Thanks for that link John, enjoyed the contents. Laughed at the End to End account where they were trying to disqualify the elderly leader after tests for banned substances - traces of Steradent! :D :D :D