The Ching Challenge and Tour of Britain Ride

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
I have just posted an article on the Tour of Britain ride. Its a full write up, with some new photos.

The link to it is here Electric on Exmoor

Or you can download the pdf here Electric-on-Exmoor.pdf

Hope you all find it enjoyable reading.

Nick
Hi Nick,

An outstanding read. Informative and (if i may say) beautifully written. I found myself nodding and smiling throughout. Well done and very much appreciated.

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
I have just posted an article on the Tour of Britain ride. Its a full write up, with some new photos.

The link to it is here Electric on Exmoor

Or you can download the pdf here Electric-on-Exmoor.pdf

Hope you all find it enjoyable reading.

Nick
Thanks Nick - most enjoyable to read about the buildup and the day itself.

James

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
Thanks Guys..

Thanks Nick - most enjoyable to read about the buildup and the day itself.

James
Thank you very much Nick for your great article, and to all those who took part. Most informative and very interesting to read. It's great to see e- bikes coping (mostly) with a very difficult riding environment. Good on you all!

I suppose the ultimate aim now is to be able to do the route with only one battery the size and shape of a water bottle and the weight of a mobile phone :D :D

Flecc.. the gauntlet is down....;)

bw
musicbooks

p.s. It doesn't have to be the shape of a water bottle. Design decisions are entirely yours.

Blew it

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2008
Swindon, Wiltshire
Nick,

Finally found time to read your report this evening, most enjoyable!.

My own little jaunts fade to a quick run around the block in comparison.

Thanks for sharing your experiences

Regards

Bob

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Me too, just found the time to read it.

Beautifully produced, well written and entertaining Nick, many thanks for taking the time to publish and share it with us.

C

Cyclezee

A very enjoyable and entertaining read Nick.

When do we get to see the movie;)

Seriously, maybe the support crew could do some filming next year?

J:) hn

P.S. Which bike performed the best? Torq1,Torq2 or Forza?

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your kind comments.

I've just posted an updated file. I added a link to flecc's Torq site, which I had inexplicably missed off.

@John - which bike is best?
Well, maybe in 2009 we will find out more. But, as I have said before, a race is not the same thing as a consumer test.

@JamesC - I didn't get to mention everyone by name in the article, so here's an apology and a public thanks for your help with the maps.

Nick

C

Cyclezee

Gentlemen,

@John - which bike is best?
Well, maybe in 2009 we will find out more. But, as I have said before, a race is not the same thing as a consumer test.

Nick
Nick,

My question was, which bike performed best on the Challenge, Torq1, Torq2, or Forza? Not which is the best bike.

Tiberius

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2007
Somerset
Nick,

My question was, which bike performed best on the Challenge, Torq1, Torq2, or Forza? Not which is the best bike.

I think the honours would go to the Torq2, but there were more of them than anything else - and not all of them were unmodified.

Nick

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
Well done nick a good read its good to know that you guys are out there pushing the boundarys for the sake of us normal cyclists keep up the good work:D nigel.