The Last Wisper Sneak Preview of the year. 12kg Road Bike

stringsonfire

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2019
The 48V Wisper HT 108Nm sounds interesting - how's progress?

Also, are you thinking of adding the ability to have a throttle with this motor?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
The 48V Wisper HT 108Nm sounds interesting - how's progress?

Also, are you thinking of adding the ability to have a throttle with this motor?
Hi, thanks for asking!

Very excited, we have been testing the bike and motor for six months and I’m getting the first production samples at the end of this month.

We have four models of the Wiser “Wayfarer” a step through and crossbar version with a choice of either hub or centre motor. We have adjusted the power down to 100Nm on the CM version.

All 4 bikes will feature a throttle and will come with a choice of 500Wh or 800Wh batteries (inframe).

All bikes will have 27.5” x 2.2” tyres on wheel rims that we have designed. 203mm front rotors with 4 piston hydraulics. 180 on the back. The step through will have 100mm travel forks and 120mm on the crossbar version.

There is a facility to bolt a rack into the head tube and many other features.

The bike is designed to work perfectly as a commuter bike but just as at home on trails with a range long enough to go exploring!

All the best David

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Hi David this sounds really interesting, will look forward to seeing it, what engine are you using and have you any pics yet?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi David this sounds really interesting, will look forward to seeing it, what engine are you using and have you any pics yet?
Hi Atmo,

We are using a new motor designed by the team that are responsible for the Bafang Max. We are branding it the “Wisper HT”.

I do have pictures but they are prototypes. I’d rather wait until I have images of production bikes in a few weeks before going public with marketing shots. However here are a few of the prototype and revised drawings to be getting on with.

The bikes will be made in Portugal where we will be relocating our logistics etc.

I forgot to say, we have gone for 44.5V system. It helps us maximise the space we have to install cells.

All the best David

3AE6FCB1-F4E3-4E20-B1F7-F5822FC7223D.jpeg4F13EDD3-2869-4A44-9F76-02E7E1C2B9FE.jpegEC1A478A-5565-4DDF-99C3-8DE0AC02BC83.pngA7EBD5DC-A157-4467-9E89-23D6B92A006D.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Artstu and Woosh

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
They look really good, loving the front rack and wider tyres, having enjoyed my 905se for the last 2 years this could be a tempting upgrade. Cheers Steve W....

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

stringsonfire

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2019
Hi Atmo,

We are using a new motor designed by the team that are responsible for the Bafang Max. We are branding it the “Wisper HT”.

I do have pictures but they are prototypes. I’d rather wait until I have images of production bikes in a few weeks before going public with marketing shots. However here are a few of the prototype and revised drawings to be getting on with.

The bikes will be made in Portugal where we will be relocating our logistics etc.

I forgot to say, we have gone for 44.5V system. It helps us maximise the space we have to install cells.

All the best David

View attachment 31092View attachment 31094View attachment 31095View attachment 31096
Looking good. Have prices been decided yet?

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Stringsonfire, sorry not yet but should have in a couple of weeks along with the first images of the finished.

We are still aiming for £1,500 for the hub version and £2,200 for the Centre motor version, the CM version will be built to a generally higher specification.

All the best, David

stringsonfire

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2019
Hi Stringsonfire, sorry not yet but should have in a couple of weeks along with the first images of the finished.

We are still aiming for £1,500 for the hub version and £2,200 for the Centre motor version, the CM version will be built to a generally higher specification.

All the best, David
How will they compare to the 705 and 905? As the hub motor version isn't far away in price. Close to buying a 705 now, but it's hard to spend that money with these new models round the corner

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
The hub version will be very similar in specs, but slightly bigger because of the 27.5" wheels. We will still be running the 705 26" and 24" and the 806 folders long into the future.

We don't expect to see these new bikes on the market until spring 2020.

al.b

Pedelecer
Feb 14, 2018
lancashire
Im so excited at these new models, what happened to the pineapple has this been set aside? I will be buying a new model next year(if I live that long) its either that or granny scooter(sorry grannies)

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

stringsonfire

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2019
The hub version will be very similar in specs, but slightly bigger because of the 27.5" wheels. We will still be running the 705 26" and 24" and the 806 folders long into the future.

We don't expect to see these new bikes on the market until spring 2020.
OK. Don't suppose you need any consumers to test your pre-production models? ;)

Im so excited at these new models, what happened to the pineapple has this been set aside? I will be buying a new model next year(if I live that long) its either that or granny scooter(sorry grannies)
Not sure what your requirements are, but we've just backed the eFoldi Lite project on Kickstarter. Between that and an eBike, that's most of my girlfriend's mobility needs sorted (indoors and outdoors).

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi Al.b,

Thanks, we are excited too! It takes such a long time from idea to fruition.

Here are the first frames before smooth welding process and hardening! Our new babies!!

The Pineapple is now the Velee! We have struck an important deal with an Austrian Company who will market in Europe, Pineapple didn't work for them. We had an issue with the new folding mech that wasn't obvious until it was put onto the test rug so we are redesigning, it wont be on the shelves until 2020 now.

Thanks for your interest.

All the best, David

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
OK. Don't suppose you need any consumers to test your pre-production models? ;)
Yes, I will certainly be looking for a few people to try out and report on the first bikes coming in. If you are interested I would offer a great deal.

All the best, David

Reactions: Woosh

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Have decided to postpone upgrading my 905se until the new range is available,be sure to keep updating progress please David. Cheers Steve W....

stringsonfire

Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2019
Almost there! The very first tow frames out of the paint shop.

View attachment 31580

Wayfarer Crossbar

View attachment 31581

Wayfarer Step Through

All the best, David
Looks great! Do you know what the weight is going to work out as?

What tyres will it take? Loving the 27.5" Plus (2.8" width) on my Merida atm.

How will the minimum seat height differ from the 705? My girlfriend's seat is only just above the lowest setting, so hopefully she'll still be able to get on one of these.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Looks great! Do you know what the weight is going to work out as?

What tyres will it take? Loving the 27.5" Plus (2.8" width) on my Merida atm.

How will the minimum seat height differ from the 705? My girlfriend's seat is only just above the lowest setting, so hopefully she'll still be able to get on one of these.
Thanks!!

21kg plus battery
27.5 x 2.4” tyres
44.5V system
450 and 750Wh batteries.
The seat height will be about 20mm higher than the 705 26”

We will have all this confirmed tomorrow with full bike images.

All the best, David