The new boy from London!

Plasmadaddy

Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2015
London, UK
Just wanted to say hi all.

Found this forum and e-bikes purely by luck through an email campaign about the new GTech bike.
I'm a 46 year old ex cyclist who has been talking about getting back on a bike for a long time.
I received the marketing email from GTech about their bike and almost ordered one! I found this great forum and realized that whilst the GTech looks pretty it may not be the right bike for me as it seems fairly limited and is not cheap for what you get.
Fast forward a few days and I'm now riding a Haibike HardNine. Took my first ride to work the other day, a 24 mile round trip and loved it! It includes Highgate West hill which for anyone who knows it, is a shortish but brutal climb.
I wasn't sure how the bike would handle it but I flicked the motor into high and pretty much shot up the climb on the big ring so mission accomplished!

Could be the best purchase I've made for a long long time so anyone thinking about an ebike should go for it.
Can't wait for my next ride, fitness with assistance - superb combination in my opinion!!!

Cheers all

Richard

Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Plasmadaddy, hope you enjoy very many years of e-biking.