Herb

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
An Oscar is on its way, the Director /Cameraman - 1 out of 10

The star is the Powertrek - 10 out of 10

Herb
Thanks Herb!
1 out of 10:( I`m always willing to learn, perhaps I can view your on bike videos:D :D it sure is a bit different from standing on firm ground and don`t forget I was holding the camera in my teeth:eek: I`ve managed to keep the wind noise down with a baffle.

Video was shot in Hd but of course youtube removes any quality that was there. Still it`s only a bit of fun, aye. I notice no other remarks so I`ll probably just keep future videos on youtube.(good i hear you say:) and to think I`ve got footage of the Cyclamatic folders:):);-)

Have you noticed that not many members like a bit of fun?

Thanks for coming back to me Herb

Dave

Xcytronex

Pedelecer
Jul 23, 2009
Thanks Herb!
1 out of 10:( I`m always willing to learn, perhaps I can view your on bike videos:D :D it sure is a bit different from standing on firm ground and don`t forget I was holding the camera in my teeth:eek: I`ve managed to keep the wind noise down with a baffle.

Video was shot in Hd but of course youtube removes any quality that was there. Still it`s only a bit of fun, aye. I notice no other remarks so I`ll probably just keep future videos on youtube.(good i hear you say:) and to think I`ve got footage of the Cyclamatic folders:):);-)

Thanks for coming back to me Herb

Dave
Great video-what sort of speeds are you zipping along at ? Looks pretty nippy-I think your attitude is bang on -enjoy what you have -e-biking like anything worthwhile does not need to be an intellectual or elitist persuit.
Your posts are always both interesting + informative-keep the cameras rolling !!!!!!!

Fecn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2008
Warlingham, Surrey
Camera work is a lot better than my attempts last year. I had so much camera shake that I never even bothered to show them to the world. I've been thinking about other camera solutions ever since, and was interested when you told about your neck/chest/teeth mount solution.

I want to shoot some footage of the off-road stuff I do on my Agattu one day.

Keep up the good work Dave.

Herb

Pedelecer
Nov 9, 2009
A lot of good movies are due for release

I look forward to the completion of the Powertrek trilogy, the prequel “Powertrek - The Seeds Of Hope”.

and of course the final chapter “Powertrek II - E Bikes For All “.

Another must see film is the documentary “A Cyclomatic Conundrum” this deals with the persecution of a group trail blazing enthusiasts, In time they triumph over their enemies and the story has a happy ending.

Look for the 20% discount on admission - A bargain.

Herb

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I notice no other remarks so I`ll probably just keep future videos on youtube.(good i hear you say:) and to think I`ve got footage of the Cyclamatic folders:):);-)

I think lots of us like the odd bit of fun Dave, surprised you're missing that.

Good video and that bike looks fast. No need to hold back on the videos, we've even got a special place for them in the "Sticky" folder at the top, though no-one's used it since February 2008. :(:

Electric Bike Videos

Phil the drill

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 14, 2008
TR9
Always good to see other people's rides out. Keep them coming. I was impressed by how steady it was. I tried it recently with a mini DV camera but had a lot of problems with camera shake; results were so poor I was too embarrassed to post them. I am encouraged to try again, and see if I can improve the quality!

Phil

Rab C Nesbitt

Pedelecer
Aug 15, 2008
Good man Dave - keeping a running commentary going whilst into head winds and pedalling uphill and trying to keep the camera angles right - all that multitasking will lead to calls for a gender test . . . we men aren't supposed to be able to fart and chew gum at the same time, so this is a worrying development . . .

I think if you wore a pair of blue gloves next time, you could give James Cameron's Avatar a bit of a run for its money

Oh and as a complete aside - mentioned gender test above - recent investigation revealed that a female athlete actually turned out to be male. One of the police involved was asked what drew his attention to the athlete and he replied that his suspicions were first aroused when he observed this "female" reverse park percfectly in a confined space . . . . . .

Now stop - stop - it's a joke . . . . . .

Rab

Anyway, well done Dave

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
A lot of good movies are due for release

I look forward to the completion of the Powertrek trilogy, the prequel “Powertrek - The Seeds Of Hope”.

and of course the final chapter “Powertrek II - E Bikes For All “.

Another must see film is the documentary “A Cyclomatic Conundrum” this deals with the persecution of a group trail blazing enthusiasts, In time they triumph over their enemies and the story has a happy ending.

Look for the 20% discount on admission - A bargain.

Herb
Herb! you have inspired me to better things:D :D :D

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
Nice one Dave, good to put a voice to the name! :) No traffic! 'round my way anytime of day there's always traffic and your roads look in better condition that the ones locally :(

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
A pair of Cyclamatic Folders out for a blow

Well! fair enough, if you don`t mind then I sure don`t. This next clip is a bit domestic but what the heck. Makes me laugh following my wife and the way her short legs look like they are just going up and down:D Don`t worry about the names I call her, she is used to it and trust me she gives as good as she gets. Her bike has a 55T chainring up from 46T and mine has a 57T.
YouTube - Cyclamatic Folding Electric Bikes

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Blimey......a car went by in beginning of that one!

It most be nice to get out for a proper exercise ride without being held up everywhere.

Morag

Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2010
Shropshire
Throughly enjoyed watching that vid Dave had to laugh at the commentary you sound like me and hubby *lol*

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Blimey......a car went by in beginning of that one!

It most be nice to get out for a proper exercise ride without being held up everywhere.
Eddie

You know how much you love your motorhome? well mate, I`ve been up here now for 10 years( I lived fairly rural before) but I could never go back, I`d rather live in a caravan.
It took a bit of getting used to at first(not having a B&Q or Tesco right on the door step) but we just go and shop local for fresh farm food and Anne does a Tesco home delivery order and stocks up now and then and with the internet it works great.

Stumpi

Pedelecer
Dec 3, 2009
Scotland
Looking good Dave I enjoyed that.

I have an handlebar RAM mount for your camera if you're interested drop me a PM

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Looking good Dave I enjoyed that.

I have an handlebar RAM mount for your camera if you're interested drop me a PM

what size memory card would you need in your camera to get a reasonable length of filming? I have the small spy MV camera, but Daves results with a decent compact are much better...particularly the sound quality

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
what size memory card would you need in your camera to get a reasonable length of filming? I have the small spy MV camera, but Daves results with a decent compact are much better...particularly the sound quality
Depending on camera but in general select a card at least a number 6 grade. I use an 8gb Sandisk Extreme 111 sd card( mainly because I already have some sd cards for my larger stills cameras.)

I was going to buy a small spy type camera but when I saw the results it put me off a bit. Then I got to thinking that I would try my small Panasonic LX3. OK! it`s a bit expensive for playing around at this lark but I already had it, it has a 16.9 feature and a antishake built in and shoots hd if you need that for home movies. The reason I came up with wearing it around my neck was that I wasn`t prepared to fix it to the bars. Apart from shaking the life out of an expensive camera it would also affect the results. I`ve no doubt there are cheaper compacts that will do the job. The LX3 is expensive not because of the movie function but because mainly you can shoot still images in raw mode rather than jpeg which gives you much more control when you process the still images. I purchased it mainly as a go anywhere pocket camera but hadn`t used it much till now. I`ve no doubt that some of the Panasonic range that shoot only jpeg would do just as good a job as this. the draw back for normal movie shooting is that you can`t use the zoom once you start to shoot the movie but I just set it on wide angle for this work.
It`s great fun and my wife loves to watch the shoots when I get home each time.

Dave