The Roaming Radrunner - Vlog 17 Towpath Travelogue Part 3

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
The whole reason I started the Vlog was to show my 3 sprogs where their Dad went cycling, when he was a sprog, a kind of legacy I suppose, it's not meant to have a few dancing girls, punch ups, or show my bike bursting into flames or anything like that, it's just meant to inform, educate and occasionally amuse, that's what The Roaming Radrunner is all about. Sorry it disappoints.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
The whole reason I started the Vlog was to show my 3 sprogs where their Dad went cycling, when he was a sprog, a kind of legacy I suppose, it's not meant to have a few dancing girls, punch ups, or show my bike bursting into flames or anything like that, it's just meant to inform, educate and occasionally amuse, that's what The Roaming Radrunner is all about. Sorry it disappoints.
Yes, but you're showing it here. In that case we have to ask why. It's neither entertaining nor informative, and we're not your family. What are you expecting US to get out of it?

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
You may be correct: But it's your opinion - and as you can only speak for one person (you) there may be some who do find it mildly interesting (who knows?) I appreciate your input.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You may be correct: But it's your opinion - and as you can only speak for one person (you) there may be some who do find it mildly interesting (who knows?) I appreciate your input.
That is disingenuous, you know that you have had a number of negative reactions from members and none positive. We've clearlyindicated that we are not interested and cannot see any point in you posting these accounts.

Putting it bluntly, you are in the wrong place for such personal and private experiences. The right place is a personal website that you can link to your relatives and friends who might be interested, so why not start one instead of cluttering this wholly inappropriate website.

• Agree
Reactions: thelarkbox and Az.

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
" personal and private experiences" ? All my content is in the public domain, and I post purely for education & entertainment, and they do say travel broadens the mind, do they not? You may not be the slightest bit interested in topics such as Corley Rocks or Bermuda Village, but they actually exist, and have a social history. However, your first assumption may be correct, perhaps this is the place for unpersonal and unprivate experiences. Ride Rad

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
If you're posting for the purposes of:

purely for education & entertainment
...and...

The whole reason I started the Vlog was to show my 3 sprogs where their Dad went cycling
If you're posting here simply because you want more views - if your videos have any hope of making Youtube advertising money while doing so, it's algorithm will push them towards targeted demographics progressively, region by region in a cycle, all over the world. Sometimes neither useful nor interesting gets pushed as suggestions, like this one of mine, which has no reason to be posted here or anywhere else. I'm shocked people watch an average over 27.6% of this video.

There's no accounting for taste, stick with Youtube.

Last edited:

Peran

Pedelecer
Feb 13, 2024
The whole purpose of creating a You Tube channel was NOT to make any money - that's my point, but the Vlogs I do publish, may be of interest (or not) to someone, whether that someone, for example, has neither heard of, or seen, Corley Rocks or Bermuda Village or Burton Hastings or Pailton or The Abbey of Coombe, these places exist, and have a social history and were places (as a sprog) I visited, and I wanted to show my 3 grown-up sprogs, where I went when I was Sprog. That's all really. Algorithms? Er...no thanks. Just Ride Rad.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
The whole purpose of creating a You Tube channel was NOT to make any money - that's my point, but the Vlogs I do publish, may be of interest (or not) to someone, whether that someone, for example, has neither heard of, or seen, Corley Rocks or Bermuda Village or Burton Hastings or Pailton or The Abbey of Coombe, these places exist, and have a social history and were places (as a sprog) I visited, and I wanted to show my 3 grown-up sprogs, where I went when I was Sprog. That's all really. Algorithms? Er...no thanks. Just Ride Rad.
I didn't say you were interested in making money or algorithms, but if your videos are useful to someone, they will eventually gain more views via Youtube's processes than they ever will via forums.

Reactions: Peran

thelarkbox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2023
oxon
So start a single thread and post the above explanation or similar as an intro and add links to your vids as you release them , not the vids themselves with no explanation. Posting vids without any explanation of why they might be of interest so folk watch them and think 'WTF!' is not gonna win you many fans or friends.

-Yeah you get negative feedback.. its almost banner ad level click baiting so yes the assumption is your a wannabe utube infuencer probably posting the same/similar in a dozen or so cycling forums, its a numbers game after all ;)

However spend 5 minutes typing an intro to your vids tell us why we might find it interesting, those who want to can then look see and perhaps comment positively since they wont feel tricked into watching something, and the grumpy sods among us can choose not to get wound up by wasting time checking out a vid we have zero interest in..

Reactions: Peran and flecc

Wayners

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2023
Gloucester
Well. I actually watched that.
However.
I normally watch this sort of thing when it's comes to MTB riding.
Hold onto your hat!

Good luck with the YouTube channel.
Keep going. See how it develops.Its all good fun and nice to watch.
I want to make one myself for amusement..
No jumps though!
Ha

Last edited:

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I admit didn't watch this episode of your adventures. What you posted before was enough for me to determine my opinion about expected content.
I don't find your videos educational and entertaining at all.

If you want some interest I suggest you go back to thread about your bike and answer questions you left hanging.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I used to like the videos of that guy, who used to ride around the park with his dog running around - somewhere around Bromsgrove or Redditch. Someone please help me out with his name. I should know it because he bought a bike from me.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Retired copper if I remember correctly.
Found him by some complicated means after a bit of creative thinking. It was LeighPing, but he made all his videos private for some reason:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If wanting folks to watch a video then it needs some input that may be of interest , simply riding on a little jaunt because you did so as a kid and want to show your own kids where you went frankly will have little siedr appeal.
I haven't watched any of your vlogs and from those who have they aren/t worth the bother.
To get folks watching one needs some DannyMacaskill input.