The Ugliest Electric Bike

C

Cyclezee

The purpose of this thread is to find the ugliest electric bike.

Here is my entry.............I win:D ...........I think?

$(KGrHqZ,!lIE2EP64yPuBNjH!cD1Cw~~_12.jpg$(KGrHqF,!hME1f5uTC+OBNjH!kC!hw~~_12.jpg

C

Cyclezee

I must stress the bike above is not mine, my carpentry skills are not that good. It must have been built with a tiny budget and credit is due for the ingenuity.
It does belong to someone, so own up please.

C

Cyclezee

Ah, I have just heard it is the latest creation by a company called Wipser..... or something like that. It is a conversion kit called Daadud.....I think.

I expect the owner Mr. Moyle, I think his name is, will be along soon to give us the full spec.

Mi byslexia is reelly playing up toonite!

C

Cyclezee

Not sure where i found this one...might be this site :0)
Ah now I know this one,......... I think it's called a Vektrix? Love the rear carrier, that's not going to break in a hurry, woodworm might be problem though in the long term.

C

Cyclezee

Ah now I know this one,......... I think it's called a Vektrix? Love the rear carrier, that's not going to break in a hurry, woodworm might be problem though in the long term.
Oops, my mistake, you meant that really ugly thing in the top right corner didn't you?

D

Deleted member 4366

The purpose of this thread is to find the ugliest electric bike.

Here is my entry.............I win:D ...........I think?
Beauty or ugliness is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I see this bike as a work of art. I'd love to know what that thing is next to the motor. The hardware seems to be beautifully crafted. It's guys like the one that built this that push back the boundaries of science and engineering, which allows us to enjoy the technology that we have.
BTW, I'm referring to the blue bike at the beginning of this thread.

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
Beauty or ugliness is in the eye of the beholder. Personally, I see this bike as a work of art. I'd love to know what that thing is next to the motor. The hardware seems to be beautifully crafted.
Got to agree, obviously built on a budget but beautifully done, i would be proud of that if i had done it. I think the motor was a belt drive that drove the drum item next to the motor, the builder has bolted a chain sprocket to this to convert. Spot on :)

Biged

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2010
Watnall, Nottingham
Surely a centrifugal clutch drives from the inside to the outside? I though possibly a reduction gear but it looks too open to me, not a casing for a gearbox.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
another contender ...
spirit_bionx.jpg

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
a closer look! ...
spirit_bionx_akku.jpg

rayschooks

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 22, 2011
Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh. NI
The blue bike at the top of the thread looks pretty neat to me athough the loose wires could be a bit hazardous. This is a prototype and the designer wouldnt have access to the professional manufacturing techniques used by the likes of Emotion or Kalkhoff.

The person who built that has what I would call "good hands"! Very clever and a good use of odd bits and pieces. He/she must have put lot of thought and effort in to it.

I would bet that the first engineers/technicians to work on ebikes built stuff like that.

Not sure I would want to be seen riding it about though!!!!!! LOL

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk

Ok so it's not the worse looking ebike..but it looks confused, doesn't know if it's moped or a pedelec.. at 40kg what a beast to ride. Bad design! But at £449 and still selling..

Moving on to their "Tourer" model though.... I wouldn't want to tour anywhere on this beastie...

Last edited: