The wonders of the Bafang BBS01/02/HD motors

I recently had the delight of being able to help an ex-serviceman, who uses a recumbent Ice Trike for off-road fun.
Since becoming a double amputee, he'd mainly been riding the trike along local fire roads, but quite understandably, found the dead-spots in the pedal stroke a real chore.
He would tolerate the discomfort in order to get out, get exercise and have fun, but now, thanks to the wonders of these little crank motors, it doesn't have to be that way!
A fair bit of alteration was performed to adapt the motor kit to deliver the best possible results, but I'm pretty happy with the outcome, and he seems to be putting in the miles getting used to his new toy.
I converted his wife's KMX trike too, and now their rides take them far further with more smiling and less grimacing .
He only seems to use the assist on the uphills, reducing the assist to 0 once through the gritty part of the climb, where his lack of full pedal stroke would make maintaining speed a little too much.
It's one thing getting a little help on the commute, quite another when life as you know it is taken away from you.
It gives me that warm happy feeling inside to think they are out exploring the countryside together.
Here's a couple of snaps of the trikes out and about. :)

IMG-20170201-WA0006.jpg IMG-20170201-WA0010.jpg IMG-20170201-WA0000.jpg IMG-20170201-WA0011.jpg