The work shop ghost has been at it again

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Strapped the battery on with a couple of ties fitted both the rear discs and off round the field for a test ride ;) great up to about 25 mph :D:D:D:D.
The 3 speed hub gears provide enough low down grunt , surprised how far cable operated discs have come in a few years the 203 mm on the front might be a bit to much but the 2 x 160mm on the rear on one lever took a bit to equal :(
And most importantly the diff works well round corners:rolleyes: and I did not tip it over even when cornering under power Still waiting for the postman and 48 hour couriers with the final parts to complete it
Then tear it down for the paint job is it jcb yellow or urban camouflage
Cannot leave it Meccano colours ? [ or is it an age thing:oops:]

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
so ugly I had to save it as it , has a rear diff so the cornering problems are solved .
I agree, any upright trike with a rear differential should be saved, there's too few of them.

Nice job you've done. Maybe JCB yellow, it deserves to be noticed.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Still waiting for the battery box to arrive [ do not laugh at the bungie tie round the battery ]but a longer ride showed the gearing to be to fast ,so on with a 36 tooth bling ring the little black cog on the rear axle is the diff now pulls 750watts peak runs 250- 300watts at 15.5 mph thinking it might tow a trailer

Last edited: