Thinking of fitting a kit to my Cube Acid

drago35uk

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 11, 2010
Hello all. I've been reading a lot of the threads on here and i'm still trying to make my mind up whether to go Alien 2,Wisper Sport or to fit a kit to my almost new Cube. I would prefer the latter as the Cube spec exceeds anything the E bikes can deliver. The main stumbling block is the Cube has front and rear hydraulic disk brakes which I don't want to lose. Also the Cyclone? pulley kits would mean I lose my front chainset? Any ideas would be very welcome as this is getting extremley frustrating:mad: Also as I live in the Pennines hill climbing ability is a must.
Many thanks in advance
Mike

drago35uk

Jan 11, 2010
Having now seen and ridden a Wisper 905 sport 14 amp I think this is now the way foward,probably make the Cube redundant though. I now just have to work out if the Wisper can justify being over twice the price of the Alien:)

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Having now seen and ridden a Wisper 905 sport 14 amp I think this is now the way foward,probably make the Cube redundant though. I now just have to work out if the Wisper can justify being over twice the price of the Alien:)
that is a call only you can make, both are good in there own way and price bracket. with many satisfied owners. Personally I like the Wisper product and now you have ridden one you know why. Wisper have a kit coming soon as well, But have a look at the "looking for a bit more umph" thread I recommended a BionX kit on there. I think it is one of the most integrated kits going...a little bit more difficult to source (no UK dealer) and not cheap either. there is the Ezee kit also

If I was you with a nice bike you are happy with I would get a kit

arkwright

Jan 9, 2010
Or try Powered and Electric Bikes Largest Range In UK they have some great new bikes. Cheaper than wisper's 14ah bikes but as stylish & the owner is very helpfull i buy all my bits from there & i spend hours trying out all of his bikes :D
Indeed, I'm from the East Midlands and found poweredbicycles to be a well run company and also a very helpful bunch.

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
that is a call only you can make, both are good in there own way and price bracket. with many satisfied owners. Personally I like the Wisper product and now you have ridden one you know why. Wisper have a kit coming soon as well, But have a look at the "looking for a bit more umph" thread I recommended a BionX kit on there. I think it is one of the most integrated kits going...a little bit more difficult to source (no UK dealer) and not cheap either. there is the Ezee kit also

If I was you with a nice bike you are happy with I would get a kit

Agreed. Its one I had to do...I really liked the Wisper but given my usage I couldn't justify the price so went for the Alien... which I am more than happy with. Given a different scenario where I had to depend on the bike more I would probably have gone for the Wisper or something similar.

drago35uk

Jan 11, 2010
Agreed. Its one I had to do...I really liked the Wisper but given my usage I couldn't justify the price so went for the Alien... which I am more than happy with. Given a different scenario where I had to depend on the bike more I would probably have gone for the Wisper or something similar.
How do you find the Alien on it's hill climbing ability and range?