This arrived today :)

D

Deleted member 4366

Something is wrong wih Strava. Your record shows that you dropped 95 ft between 1.1 and 1.6 miles. Thats 95÷2640 = 3.6%. Strava says about 20%!

Reactions: anotherkiwi

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
I thought on starva you were supposed to change the activity type to e-bike so you don't pee off the Lycra brigade. I must admit I've not quite got round to doing this yet on one of my rides last week where I've got the KOM for a dirt track section of my commute.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Dave, there is nothing wrong with the states of the rides. Taking the section from Lauterbrunnen to Wegnen, it zig zags it's way up beside the near verticle cliffe face, and all cycle guides state that it is not a recommended climb route, and also state that extreme caution is to be taken when descending. I rode up it last year on the pedal bike, had to stop every 50 metres or so, leant on side railings to re-start and puked up.
The ride is 50% in places, and no the Bosch system didn't struggle. I used tour and sport mode, but didn't dare to stop. I guess that not being here, it's easy for you to say that it isn't steep and that I'd know about it if it was. :)

Skip to roughly the four minute mark of the second video that follows on from below. The nine mile route, was this in reverse.

Last edited:

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
I thought on starva you were supposed to change the activity type to e-bike so you don't pee off the Lycra brigade. I must admit I've not quite got round to doing this yet on one of my rides last week where I've got the KOM for a dirt track section of my commute.
Ohh I didn't know this, I will make sure I keep it set unpowered then :)

(hates the Lycra Brigade)

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
There isn't an option on the iphone app for ebike, there's just ride and run, you have to log into the website after you upload and edit the activity to ebike . It's a pity as once you do this it doesn't show how well your doing compared to the non powereds.

Last edited:

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
More to the point, get it muddy and post up the photos. The more e-mtb off rod users the better. Enjoy the bike. :)
Hi Eddie, mines only used for commuting it's a shame I know :(

Maybe when I get a bit fitter I might take it off road, the Smart Sams feel nice on the road considering I was used to having thin Kenda tyres before :)

Reactions: EddiePJ

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
Heres the doc for the oxydrive kit as it has more info on the display than the oxygen mtb manual. John at oxygen printed me a one page cheat sheet for the display and settings but I dont have it at work.

Phil I think you managed to change the setting for what type of speed sensor you had, probably number of poles on hall sensor has, which why your speed was wrong.

On another note I've not got bike to check but do the oxygen bikes have a frame serial number any where. I'm looking into getting bike register tagging kit but can get to the point where you purchase it as it wants to know frame numbers.
Thanks for the pdf..

Cheers, yeah probably something silly like that I changed by mistake.

When I spoke to John at Oxygen earlier (sending me the missing kickstand..) he confirmed the S/N is under the cranks/bottom bracket area I think he meant..? I've not looked for mine yet but will do to register the warranty.

D

Deleted member 4366

Dave, there is nothing wrong with the states of the rides. Taking the section from Lauterbrunnen to Wegnen, it zig zags it's way up beside the near verticle cliffe face, and all cycle guides state that it is not a recommended climb route, and also state that extreme caution is to be taken when descending. I rode up it last year on the pedal bike, had to stop every 50 metres or so, leant on side railings to re-start and puked up.
The ride is 50% in places, and no the Bosch system didn't struggle. I used tour and sport mode, but didn't dare to stop. I guess that not being here, it's easy for you to say that it isn't steep and that I'd know about it if it was. :)

Skip to roughly the four minute mark of the second video that follows on from below. The nine mile route, was this in reverse.

It's a steep climb. I give you that, but 50%, no. If you look at the steepest part of the first one between 0.7 miles and 1.8 miles, the rise is 1060 ft. 1060 divided by 5808 ft is about 20%. That's quite a long way from 50%

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
Mines going to be mainly for commuting too Ronny but I couldnt resist trying it off-road on a ride tonight on some single track grass and gravel paths behind the seafront. It handled well and felt planted for want of a better word. Some paths were covered in deepish soft sand and it cruised through with only slight squirming from the rear.
Maybe not proper off-roading and too dry to get it muddy Eddie but I remain impressed by this bike.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Leaving aside the always disputable figures, Eddie is showing the benefit of a quality crank drive bike and a light and fit rider.

It is a very powerful combination.

Reactions: EddiePJ

JamesW

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2014
Leaving aside the always disputable figures, Eddie is showing the benefit of a quality crank drive bike and a light and fit rider.

It is a very powerful combination.
If I could be bothered to be competitive like you guys and sign up for strava, when my new bike arrives I could show you the benefit of a quality crank drive with a heavy and unfit rider!:D

Reactions: PhilYerBoots

PhilYerBoots

Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2011
Wallasey, Wirral.
I did try it for a bit on the top limit Ronny (on private land obviously..) but didn't hit top speed. I've since turned it back down as I want to stay legal and it encourages me to put more effort in myself. I tend to get lazy on my Ezee throttle bike.

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
I've been commuting on a loan Haibike xduro trecking with Bosch crank drive for two months but sadly it had to go back. So I had a demo on the oxy MTB up the steepest hill near oxygens shop and I can say that the crank drive was not that much better than the 8fun hub motor. Well not to justify me spending nearly twice the amount on a haibike anyway. If any ones interested you can compare my strava logs from both bikes for my daily 8 mile commute which has two big hills. I haven't actually figured out how to compare the segment times and speeds between two logs if any one can explain. The jouney times though on both bikes were about the same.

Ronnyuk

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2014
Bristol
ronny.ws
I recorded my journey home on a 10 quid pair of glasses tonight if any of you anal e-bikers want to see lol, I never got to try them out till today and the video quality is acceptable but the sound is shocking, the mic is in the centre of the glasses so the air just blows in so you will need to turn your sound down.

You can seriously see the extra speed compared to a standard bike when you overtake :)

These cheepo glasses

Spot the kissing in the back of the old car and some random dude taking a **** on the cycle track...Typical

Last edited:

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
Thanks for the pdf..

Cheers, yeah probably something silly like that I changed by mistake.

When I spoke to John at Oxygen earlier (sending me the missing kickstand..) he confirmed the S/N is under the cranks/bottom bracket area I think he meant..? I've not looked for mine yet but will do to register the warranty.
Hi did you find your serial number I can't find any numbers which look like a frame serial number any where down near cranks/bottom bracket. In fact cant see any numbers anywhere apart from on main down tube but nothing which looks like a serial number just iso and motor power markings.

ricoghardforth

Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2014
Rotherham
Found the Basic settings for the display
C300/C600 Display Settings

+ and – buttons cycle through the PAS levels, 0 being no power through to 6 being maximum power.

The throttle power depends on the PAS level setting. To get full speed from the throttle the PAS has to be set to level 6.

User settings:

To enter the settings menu, press and hold SET for 5 seconds until the display changes. There are five parameters that can be changed, 0 – 4. The parameter number is shown in the bottom right box. Press SET to advance the parameter number.

Parameter 0 affects the amount of current given during acceleration. It can be set from 1 to 3. The lower the number, the more economical on battery consumption. The higher the number, the more power.

Parameter 1 is the trip meter reset. Press “-“ to set it to zero.

Parameter 2 is the wheel diameter. It should be left on 27.5 to indicate the correct speed.

Parameter 3 selects between km/h or mph. Press “+” or “-“ to change.

Parameter 4 is for the type of speed sensor. It should be left on 6 for correct indication of the speed.

Error Codes

Error Codes on the display are as follows:

0- no Fault

1- abnormal current

2- throttle fault

3- motor phase problem

4- motor hall defect

5- brake failed

6- under voltage

7- motor stalling

8- abnormal controller communication

9- abnormal display communication