Thoughts on Carrera Crossfire-E

Brynric

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2015
Worcestershire
Sunil,
I agree with you entirely. One of the key features for me was the unpowered ride. I just try to use the motor for hill and headwinds. I tend to stick to Eco mode when I turn on the motor and that fairly pushes me along and is economical on power, and I'm pretty heavy. I topped it up this morning from 60% (40% used) having covered 35 miles since the last full charge.
I find it a lot heavier than my last bike but still manageable. I put it on a rack behind the motorhome which is a struggle but it feels secure.
This being the budget end of the market, the multi K £ machines must be special indeed.
I get out much more now and there's a far greater range of routes open to me. And "insurance" that I'll get home when exhaustion sets in. Enjoy your bike!
Bryn

• Useful
Reactions: Sadoldbugger

superhands

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
Manual attached...
Thanks for this - new crossfire owner here - just did my first 20 miles this weekend. Great to be back cycling again after so long.

Just one question - what does the Push Assistance button do? Kick the motor in automatically? Just saw it in the above manual and am now keen to get home to find out!

Regards, Ade

mcozzy

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2016
Its slowly spins the rear wheel, not sure what the point is. Ive never used it. Maybe useful to help push it home if you get a puncture?

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Yes it is there to help you push the bike up that ramp beside the stairs when you get off the train, the one the prams use too :)

sunil

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
bournemouth
hi All,

I have read somewhere yesterday that this bike does not provide the option to fit mudguard on front wheel.
can someone please confirm if that is true.

Regards
Sunil

superhands

Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
hi All,

I have read somewhere yesterday that this bike does not provide the option to fit mudguard on front wheel.
can someone please confirm if that is true.

Regards
Sunil
Yes, you ABSOLUTELY can fit a front and rear mudguard. I got a pair of £15 SK Beavertail ones fitted by the shop:
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/mudguards/sks-beavertail-xl-mudguard-set

I was tempted by these ones as they were cool looking, but they did not fit the 40c tyres, and would make the bike look more like a commuter and not a hybrid/mountain style. Looking at the reviews, I seem to have dodged a bullet....

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/mudguards/topeak-defender-iglow-set

superhands

Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
So, did another 8 miler last night, tackling routes I would not previously have attempted. Just felt so great to remove the limits on my cycling and to be able to go where I wanted rather than having to avoid the hills. I even found that I used the assist MUCH less than I did the first time, leaving it in ECO mode for the most part. So nice to hit a steep hill and just fly up it without having to get off and walk or sit on the verge for a moment of tears at your inability :p

I have noticed that I need to add some things: A water bottle holder would be good and also a top-bar mounted bag for mobile phone and phone power-pack

Looking at this type thing...https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FXAGB1S/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1EO1FG27PEPHT&coliid=I33JDSMRDHZID4

I like the fact if has room for wallet/keys and also the phone can be "torn off" if you are popping into a shop etc.

Ade

sunil

Pedelecer
Aug 25, 2016
bournemouth
Yes, you ABSOLUTELY can fit a front and rear mudguard. I got a pair of £15 SK Beavertail ones fitted by the shop:
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/mudguards/sks-beavertail-xl-mudguard-set

I was tempted by these ones as they were cool looking, but they did not fit the 40c tyres, and would make the bike look more like a commuter and not a hybrid/mountain style. Looking at the reviews, I seem to have dodged a bullet....

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bike-parts/mudguards/topeak-defender-iglow-set
thanks Superhands !!

superhands

Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
Hope this is allowed - remove if not - I have created a Facebook Page for people to swap tips and info.

search for - Carrera Crossfire-E Owners

Thanks, Ade

Reactions: Martin Smith
D

Deleted member 4366

SKS Beavertails can be fitted to any MTB style bike, even if there's no hole in the fork crown for the bolt:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hope this is allowed - remove if not - I have created a Facebook Page for people to swap tips and info.

search for - Carrera Crossfire-E Owners

Thanks, Ade
What is wrong with this forum for swapping tips? Maybe some of those tips apply to other kinds of bikes too? Not everybody has a facebook account, only facebook users believe that myth.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

superhands

Sep 5, 2016
Warwickshire
What is wrong with this forum for swapping tips? Maybe some of those tips apply to other kinds of bikes too? Not everybody has a facebook account, only facebook users believe that myth.
Nothing wrong at all - I have just found in my experience that a product-specific page on FB is a great way to connect to owners, and they can always be directed here, as I would post links back to this site.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Nothing wrong at all - I have just found in my experience that a product-specific page on FB is a great way to connect to owners, and they can always be directed here, as I would post links back to this site.
I've joined your page. But there's too many rules for my liking. :)