Help! Throttle problem electric bike

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
Hi all please help I have a fiido d2 electric bike but the thing is I washed it now it has a flashing battery symbol and won’t engage throttle but peddle assist still works it’s really confusing me as it not a connection problem I opened all of the controller up and was a little damp but dried and put back together now still won’t run in throttle mode please help I added picture of the little symbol it’s the battery one in the left bottom corner

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You have a very well-known problem with your bike. It's called "water where you shouldn't oughta". Leave it somewhere warm and dry. Hopefully, it'll sort itself out.

As you have battery voltage for your display, there is a slight possibility that a short could have wiped out the throttle, but clean water isn't very conductive, so you'd be unlucky if that happened.

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
Yeh I realise that now haha but the thing is been drying for over 2 days and still same problem so guessing I have knackered my controller up

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
Do you know how I check or how I check we’re the problem is bike is really not old at all was working perfect I took everything off aswell before washing it just left controller connected in there but when I opened controller it was just a little damp not really wet so I’m clueless on what to do now thanks

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Yeh I realise that now haha but the thing is been drying for over 2 days and still same problem so guessing I have knackered my controller up
That doesn't sound good. It can probably be fixed with a new throttle, but I'd want to do some tests first. Do you have a voltmeter? Don't buy anything unless you test first.

Reactions: Brocky19

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
The guy at the end of this thread had the same problem, and found that the throttle's hall sensor had slipped out of its slot.

Voltage measurements on the 4 throttle wires will tell you what's wrong.

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
I did everything in that post already today and still nothing mine is still blinking ten times all my wires inside the throttle are really snug inside

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
Ha I just read bit of your last post come to think of it when I put bike back together I put the man connection wrong black to red and there was a big spark but as you can see put them to the correct way and still I have power so I’m really confused as to what the problem is

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
Ha I just read bit of your last post come to think of it when I put bike back together I put the man connection wrong black to red and there was a big spark but as you can see put them to the correct way and still I have power so I’m really confused as to what the problem is
There are quite cheap (usually under 10 Pounds on ebay) that can test several parts of an e-bike's electrics and electronics, I have not used one myself yet, as I can usually test with a meter, but for someone who is not used to electricity, this might be more helpful.
See here:-
There are several versions, and the one I would pick is the one where the motor LEDs are placed in a circle. As it will make more sense for a "newbie", though electrically, it is otherwise identical to the ones where the LEDs are in a line!
If you get one, please let us know how you get on. Thanks.
Andy

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
If you reverse connect the controller, you blow it. If you're lucky, you might just blow a track on the PCB, which might be repairable. The pedal assist wouldn't work if that's the case.

FYI, you get a big spark when you connect it the right way too due to the capacitor inrush. Did you definitely reverse connect it?

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
If you reverse connect the controller, you blow it. If you're lucky, you might just blow a track on the PCB, which might be repairable. The pedal assist wouldn't work if that's the case.

FYI, you get a big spark when you connect it the right way too due to the capacitor inrush. Did you definitely reverse connect it?
Yes I deffo reversed connect battery to controller and was a big spark but I really think because I’m getting pedal assist it could be I have blown the censor inside the throttle or something along that way

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
I just can’t understand why everything is working lights, pedal assist, horn, charger, the only thing that isn’t working is the throttle I have a little flashing symbol looks like a battery flashing ten times in a row

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
There are quite cheap (usually under 10 Pounds on ebay) that can test several parts of an e-bike's electrics and electronics, I have not used one myself yet, as I can usually test with a meter, but for someone who is not used to electricity, this might be more helpful.
See here:-
There are several versions, and the one I would pick is the one where the motor LEDs are placed in a circle. As it will make more sense for a "newbie", though electrically, it is otherwise identical to the ones where the LEDs are in a line!
If you get one, please let us know how you get on. Thanks.
Andy
Thanks I have multimeter just need help using it

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
That ebike tester is good for other problems, but it won't be able to help with your one.

You must identify the connector at the controller that goes to the throttle. It has 4 wires in it. One is battery level for the battery display (40v), one is 5v to power the throttle, one is ground (0v) and the last is the throttle signal wire, which should be between 1v and 4 v. You put one probe on any ground, then probe each of the 4 wires to see which is which or whether you have those voltages. The results will tell you what to do.

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
That ebike tester is good for other problems, but it won't be able to help with your one.

You must identify the connector at the controller that goes to the throttle. It has 4 wires in it. One is battery level for the battery display (40v), one is 5v to power the throttle, one is ground (0v) and the last is the throttle signal wire, which should be between 1v and 4 v. You put one probe on any ground, then probe each of the 4 wires to see which is which or whether you have those voltages. The results will tell you what to do.
Do I need to open the controller to test them or can I test them threw throttle

Brocky19

Pedelecer
Nov 25, 2019
I have this multimeter we’re I put arrow ? I really want to find the problem as I feel lost without my wheels haha

Attachments