Throttles.. Again! Zzz

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it should be OK, yellow plug to yellow socket.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Although Higo & Julet are compatible in fitting /mating the pin outs are different, so you cant simply just fit either together. Julet to Julet should follow a std wire pin out order.

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing

jarob10

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2017
Uk
Waterproofing simply isn’t a design consideration. Only a matter of time before it fails through water ingress, at which point you’ll be throttle shopping again

Reactions: MikelBikel

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For a better water resistant throttle option you need the Wuxing 108x model.
Julets aren't 100% water proof, I have had water ingress issues with them before.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
Thanks for your all your replies. My existing Wuxing twist grip throttle still works fine, no probs there. It's just the switch would foul the Shimano EF51 brake&gear shifter I want to try as an upgrade. Woosh has an 108 type on right side on their hubkits page. Maybe it is universal and can be put on left too?

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Waterproofing simply isn’t a design consideration. Only a matter of time before it fails through water ingress, at which point you’ll be throttle shopping again
its not actually the throttle that gets permanently ruined by the rain,but the controller.Before I found out about the waterproofing issue with these throttles i had 2 get wet in rain and damage the controller. Both have worked fine since(waterproofed of course) unlike the controller which was replaced under warranty. I personally dont like the wuxing 108 type. i prefer to push down rather than forward/back.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
LH & RH 108x not universal as lever is directional .
Any kit using the 3 pin Julet will be compatible but who wants cable brakes when Hydraulic is so much better.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
That said only one cut off is needed when using a throttle, a bike with a rear cable brake cable with a front hydraulic is an easy set up to acheive. Front hydraulic does most of a bikes braking with the rear just backing it up.

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
No room for disc rotor on non disc Gale fork unfortunately, or I'd try a Tektro Novela, even a Dorado:), tho the wheel hub does have the disc flange. The Tektro v-brake feels similar to Deore v-brake I fitted as an upgrade one of me other folders, Dahon Boardwalk. Could swap it over to compare, but tektro needs new blocks first, and first d bike needs cleaning! Did change rear Novela disc pads as worn and i knocked friction material off when refitting back wheel :oops: hehe! Cheers20190210_124030-1.jpg

MikelBikel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 6, 2017
Ireland
EF51 shift down lever fouls Throttle switch, so new TX50 shifter fitted instead, replacing one broken in fall.20190216_221145-1.jpg