Tidal Force rises again

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Look at those disk brakes :eek:
The disc brake option for the Heinzmann adopts a similar large diameter solution, and large diameter is best for braking force of course. Trouble is the vulnerability to damage on thin bike discs, especially when exposed like this. The slightest buckle and the bike is out of action and unrideable.

I still don't understand why Matra have adopted the Tidal Force design. It's completely illegal as an electric bike anywhere in Europe and if used by anyone as a bike, the insane performance will attract unwelcome police attention to all e-bikes. It won't even meet the high speed class regulation in Switzerland and Germany.

If used legally with registration, number plates, insurance etc as a motor vehicle, I'm sure most would prefer a petrol or electric moped/scooter, particularly as they'd have to wear an approved motor cycle helmet when riding it, not welcome when pedalling a bike!

Miles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
They do seem to be aiming it at the moped market - presumably it has type approval - that's why the limiter is set for 28 mph. They've even designed a crash helmet to match :D

Last edited:

jac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2007
i think the bike in europe is 250 watt with some kind of booster to 500 watts on tidal force bike but we should get all the information soon as team hybrid are the sellers here

jim

Miles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
A 40 kg bike, limited to 250 Watts, wouldn't make much sense...

I think they will have other models, similar to the original Tidal Force designs.

jac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2007
sorry i was talking about new tidal force bikes just the same style as the old ones