TIME FOR 50cycles TO RETURN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Time to clear the air

It does not give me any pleasure banning an individual from the forum. In almost 2 years I've only had to do it twice (bar spammers) with nearly 1,000 users and 27,000 posts. Perhaps I've been too lenient, but I've tried to maintain a freedom of speech on the forum. However things have gone to far. It's all very well bringing a supplier to task over problems with service but we need to put things in perspective. Some have sold several thousand bikes, easily surpassing the number of registered members on the forum. A few vociferous complaints can easily give the impression that there are more unsatisfied customers than there really are. When those complaints become persistent unjustified attacks resulting in almost extreme comments there really was little option.

John Fleet

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2007
Whitley Bay
Russ
I, for one, think that you've been more than fair; and some of the recent posts must have been getting close to being libellous, so to protect both yourself and the Forum, I think you probably had little choice but to take the action that you did.

John F

billyfish010

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 5, 2008
Specifically then 50 cycles have been filling their customers with misinformation about bikes that are in production in week x and then dont turn up so hence my coment about invisible bikes (its the truth). they cant even use the bloody calendar like normal people. they use week numbers to confuse peeps. we have already heard how they have been in contact with customers who are suffering extended waits telling them not to chase their orders. When the bikes do turn up they are now offering the facility to change the gearing to make the bike illegal (work they will do for you and have quoted people in this forum). They wash their dirty linen in this forum with a manufacturer and publish a members private emails on a thread (where was your sanction). They rubbished the Ezee brand on this forum but were telling all and sundry that it was the best bike in the world when they were selling it.

And now they flash their wallet and you roll out the red carpet to them and threaten to ban me.

Get busy then Moderator. You and your sheep are welcome to ban me so you can all go and live in I love 50 cycles land. when these jokers go bust I will laugh my head off. I hope all you folks waiting for six months paid by credit card as a business can only live on fresh air for limited periods and maybe if they end up in court with ezee that will be the end.
I have read the recent posts by Dufus and to be honest instead of the administrator using his power to ban Dufus if he felt he was overstepping the mark surely it would have been in the best interests of the forum to ban Dufus for a couple of days to allow things to cool down.

To ban Dufus from the forum only makes people think that free speech on the forum is okay as long as it is not used to knock the advertisers. I have to admit I found some of what Dufus said interesting and it has made me look at a lot of previous posts but by the same token he overstepped the mark with some of his comments.

Sometimes the administrator needs to assess where the comments are going and where they might end up as it appears you tried to do with your warning to Dufus. I do think that you misread the anger Dufus felt and the warning you gave him only inflamed his anger, however, Dufus reply where he dealt with facts was spoilt by his anger and instead of only being directed at the people he wanted to vent his anger on he attacked the forum so in my opinion the actions taken by the administrator were wrong. It did nothing to dilute the anger and frustration felt by Dufus and as soon as I saw it I knew how it would end and I bet many others knew how it would end as well.

The forum has lost a supporter and if as suspected you banned Dufus because he could have an impact on a company's ability to sell their products then he has succeeded and you have failed since I for one would not consider purchasing a bike from that company. At least not until they answer some of Dufus comments.

MaryinScotland

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
Dumfries, SW Scotland
From the "Forum Rules":

We welcome constructive, informative, tasteful and civil posts.

The forum is intended to be as pleasant a place as possible for all – for newbies and veterans alike. No flaming or disrespect for others please.

Mary

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Billy,

anger is not a valid reason. There is plenty of time to reflect and 'cool down' before clicking on the Submit button. Just because someone can hide behind the anonimity of the internet doesn't excuse being polite and civil.

As the site is partially funded by advertisers there will always be those who feel a conspiracy is in place to protect them. There is little I can say to sway those that feel this way and I'm not even going to try, the Search function provides the evidence that the door swings both ways.

jac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2007
i think his comments were not helpfull in any way all the slagging of of 50 cycles extrmely boring

jim

billyfish010

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 5, 2008
Billy,

anger is not a valid reason. There is plenty of time to reflect and 'cool down' before clicking on the Submit button. Just because someone can hide behind the anonimity of the internet doesn't excuse being polite and civil.

As the site is partially funded by advertisers there will always be those who feel a conspiracy is in place to protect them. There is little I can say to sway those that feel this way and I'm not even going to try, the Search function provides the evidence that the door swings both ways.
Hi Russ,

I have no problem with what you did but many people say things in the heat of the moment and then regret it later I just thought that if a person was given a cooling off period then maybe a full time ban would not be required. I certainly do not want to get into any sort of argument about what has happened. I honestly felt that Dufus made some comments that were worthy of a response from 50 cycles but with the anger he presented the comments in, meant the opportunity was gone. However, as far as I am concerned that is my last post on this thread I have just attempted to use my right to say how I feel in a civil and polite manner. Thank you for the opportunity!

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Billy fish
We have provided the best service to all customers when physically possible
Sorry, but that is factually innacurate. I have no interest in repeating criticism, but neither should you or anyone else be allowed to mislead the forum without reproach.

If you want me to provide emprical evidence to back up that statement I will do so, but, as I say, it would be repetition and therefore probably not in the interests of the forum.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
A plea

This thread is not serving any useful purpose! John, I can see that you were making a constructive suggestion, but it has spiralled out of control as this type of thread has done before and is, I feel, always likely to in the future.

50 Cycles is one of many electric bike sellers. They do a decent job, they seem to work hard, they make the odd mistake and get let down by their suppliers from time to time - like most people in business, really. I wish them and their customers well.

Please, people, stop slagging them off and please, please, other people, stop trying to pretend they are in some way special, putting them on a pedestal, thereby nauseating the first lot of people, making them want to pull them off the aforementioned pedestal and leading to loads of tedious thread and wasted emotion on the subject!

Please, please, please can we just drop the subject, treat them like any and every other supplier, move on and talk about something else, like electric bikes? I for one will unilateraly promise to write no more no more on this subject!

C

Cyclezee

Frank,

I now wish I hadn't started this thread as I am sure many people will agree, not least 50cycles, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
I would like to request that Russ ends or removes this thread here and now, that way it will be buried in history.
Finally I would like to apologise to 50cycles, if I had just sent a PM in the first instance, none of this nonsense would have been written.
Like you Frank, that is all I have to say on this thread.

John:(

Status
Not open for further replies.