Time for a bigger trike - which BBS02?

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Thanks for the suggestions. The handlebar mount looks like it could work if grinding the paint off the bars doesn't work.

If I choose to cut and extend the cable is it obvious which cable attaches to which when reconnecting, ie are they different colours? I have a fear of cutting the cable and then reconnecting it wrongly. Although with 3 cables it won't take too many tries to get it right..
I decided not to cut mine and bought and extension, but I attached a magnet to the crank ring and cable tied the sensor close by and rode like that until the extension arrived, only issues were speed was out obviously and no speed cut out.
Cutting and joining may look neater as there would be no connector bulge and if you have heat shrink to match the cable it would be hard to even see.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Long term how about a thumb throtle mounted on an accessory bracket similar to this (may not be the right size) http://www.banggood.com/22MM-Aluminium-Handlebar-Extender-Lamp-GPS-Phone-Bracket-Holder-For-Motorcycle-E-Bike-Bicycle-p-1030905.html
Set it up so the thumb throttle is just level with the grip and rotate to where is comfortable to operate.
:)
I use one of those brackets to mount my go pro and used to have my thumb throttle on one as well.
They look quite smart and plenty of colours to choose from to match your trike.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Thanks for the suggestions. The handlebar mount looks like it could work if grinding the paint off the bars doesn't work.

If I choose to cut and extend the cable is it obvious which cable attaches to which when reconnecting, ie are they different colours? I have a fear of cutting the cable and then reconnecting it wrongly. Although with 3 cables it won't take too many tries to get it right..
Carefully remove the cable outer over about 3 cm. If the cables have the same colours (you never know with the Chinese...) label them before cutting.