TO ALL GORGEOUS MEN AND BEAUTIFUL WOMEN

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Are there going to be any "retail opportunities".
I'm going in order to play but I'm after a spare/bigger battery as well.
I would like to see if Hatti's 15AH battery can be squeezed into the frame of my Trek. The specs suggest its approx. 1cm too deep:(
If available I'll haul the bike into the car.
Before anyone calls me a wimp I can't get to Redbridge with 320Wh. and anyway the Epping New Road through the forest is lethal.
Keith
Hi Keith

We will have some batteries up there of the type you are looking for. They are brand new and will be used if the ones on the bikes run out (unlikely but you never know). You will of course be able to see if one will fit. If it does we don't have a portable card machine to take payment though, so you will have to come along with 300 little smackeroonies or visit a nearby cash machine!
Epping new Road sounds nice on paper. Is it really that bad?

Rob F: shame on you. If you set off in a minute and pedal all the way - no power - you should be there by late pm tomorrow. I'll buy you a burger and chips as a reward before you set off home again.

Mountainsport: I 'm not sure you will be so distinguishable - there are bound to be quite a few crazies around (me included).

Croxden - you are very welcome to come even if you are a man and ungorgeous.

Cwah - come along. We will meet at last!

Eddieo - are you still out there? Come and play - you might be impressed!

Hatti

Reactions: mountainsport

KeithH

Pedelecer
Oct 12, 2013
essex
Thanks Hatti I'll bring the bike.
If anyone wants to try a very amateur conversion tomorrow they're welcome. However if the front wheel spins out the face plant won't be my problem, no insurance!
It's stayed in place for 500+ miles, that may prove some(no)thing.
Epping Forrest good. Epping New Road bad.
Keith
PS old and fat, definitely ungorgeous

C

Cyclezee

Not long now and hope everyone has fun and enjoys the day.

Without wishing to sound like a killjoy, please ride responsibly with care and consideration for others, it is not a competition, good cycling is no accident.

Have a nice day;)

Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 4366

There's free tea/coffee and biscuits for Pedelecs members in my Camper van. Just help yourself. You have to boil the kettle on the gas hob. We offered the same last year, and nobody used the service, so I had to eat all the biscuits myself. Now I can't ride my bike so fast. Please help me out this time.

It looks like this. The doors will be unlocked::
camper van.jpg

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I'll buy you a burger and chips a
Hatti
Mmm, free burger from Hatti and free biccies from d8.

What y'all trying to say?

I will concede, that in woosh terms, I'm more 'Big Bear' than 'Petite'.

C

Cyclezee

Mmm, free burger from Hatti and free biccies from d8.

What y'all trying to say?

I will concede, that in woosh terms, I'm more 'Big Bear' than 'Petite'.
Free smile from Anne (Mrs. Cyclezee):)

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
We're all loaded and ready for tomorrow. We're bringing along the following:

Kalkhoff Agattu 8G 17Ah
Kalkhoff Pro Connect Alfine 17Ah
Kalkhoff Tasman City 11Ah
Kalkhoff Sahel Premium Harmony 15Ah
and last but not least Focus Thron Premium 17Ah

All of the above 250W EN15194 so don't get any ideas about roaring around at 28mph on an Endeavour. ;)

It'll be me and Charles Martin our Shoreham store manager (and his daughter) attending tomorrow. All gorgeous, obviously.

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Ahah that's great I'm eager to come and see all pedelecs members :)

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Thanks Hatti for organising this.

It was really good to see you all.

I finally tried the xiondga motor and the ezee!

Aaah I wanted to try them for so long. I have to admit it was difficult to compare because for real comparison it would need a watt for watt appreciation. This isn't the case.

I'm in the train on my way home.. I didn't want to try the devil if there isn't enough juice!

C

Cyclezee

Thanks Hatti for organising this.

It was really good to see you all.

I finally tried the xiondga motor and the ezee!

Aaah I wanted to try them for so long. I have to admit it was difficult to compare because for real comparison it would need a watt for watt appreciation. This isn't the case.

I'm in the train on my way home.. I didn't want to try the devil if there isn't enough juice!
It was good to see you too CWAH, glad you could make ;)

C

Cyclezee

I would also like to thank Hatti for organising the event, the beverages and the sunshine.:D

Although the attendance was not huge, I was kept busy from beginning to end.

I hope all those who attended also enjoyed the day;)

My only regret is that I didn't actually have time to try any of the other bikes myself or get a chance to ride the circuit:(

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The local cyclists there are very lucky and have an excellant and well catered for facilities there.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi
A big thank you to everyone who came along. It was really good to put some names to faces, the weather was perfect and the setting as ever was amazing - I counted all the London monuments - O2, Shard, Gherkin, St Pauls, London Eye and Post Office Tower - practically in a straight line, can't be many places you can do that. The camaraderie between traders was fantastic and there were some entertaining moments with an electric unicycle and trials of Cwah's bike. I think this event should definitely happen every year. As ever, too, a big thank also to D8veh and Steve for being there with some great bikes and their techie help to lots of people.
I agree with John that the attendance was a bit low but actually everyone was really busy the whole day ( I was knackered last night!) To get what I have always thought would be ideal - 200 to 300 attendees - might be ambitious as there would be queues for trials , parking spaces would run out and it could be chaotic. Maybe we should go for this but make it whole day event so it would be more spread out.
What do you all think?
Hatti

superDove

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2011
Cheshunt, Herts. UK
Thanks to those who organised the event.
Managed to test ride everything I was interested in.
I wish I'd done a lap with my Brompton first to give the experience more context.
Bikes that stood out for me were the Ezee Torq, Oxygen MTB (thanks d8veh) and the BBS01 18A/350W kit from Woosh (which was in a full suspension MTB).
The Kalkhoffs gave the impression of quality but I didn't gel with their bikes.

Wouldn't consider an ebike without the option of throttle control now.
15mph speed limit sucks.

More juice, more grunt!

James

shemozzle999

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 28, 2009
Hi
A big thank you to everyone who came along. It was really good to put some names to faces, the weather was perfect and the setting as ever was amazing - I counted all the London monuments - O2, Shard, Gherkin, St Pauls, London Eye and Post Office Tower - practically in a straight line, can't be many places you can do that. The camaraderie between traders was fantastic and there were some entertaining moments with an electric unicycle and trials of Cwah's bike. I think this event should definitely happen every year. As ever, too, a big thank also to D8veh and Steve for being there with some great bikes and their techie help to lots of people.
I agree with John that the attendance was a bit low but actually everyone was really busy the whole day ( I was knackered last night!) To get what I have always thought would be ideal - 200 to 300 attendees - might be ambitious as there would be queues for trials , parking spaces would run out and it could be chaotic. Maybe we should go for this but make it whole day event so it would be more spread out.
What do you all think?
Hatti
You need to create the world's first electric bicycle display team before any other dealer does and get them to perform all over the country then advertise the fact that Redbridge is their home venue.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What do you all think?
Hatti
E-bike events in general have only attracted small numbers, but with one notable exception, the Presteigne events, but they had some major differences They were whole weekend, they included a road e-cycling carnival style procession open to everyone, a road race, a hill climb race etc, plus no power limits. Which of those factors were most important in attracting large crowds from all over the country to this difficult to access spot I don't know, but clearly it worked.

For two years the organisers got away with all this and the local population of Presteigne appeared to like the event and the fame. But legality started to intrude in the third year, the race not allowed around the town but on a separate route and the main event away from the town centre also I believe. That was the last time the event was held, the organiser Pete Mustill unable to spare the time for more, but the restrictions also made the event less popular with members at least.

Some of those elements are repeatable elsewhere and a whole day event would probably be better, going by how worthwhile Presteigne was over two days.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
You need to create the world's first electric bicycle display team before any other dealer does and get them to perform all over the country then advertise the fact that Redbridge is their home venue.
Already done, nothing new under the sun, so that wouldn't be the first!

Electric bike dealer and mobility vehicle supplier Team Hybrid had an e-bike stunt team under the Team Hybrid name. Using BMX style e-bikes with rear Crystalyte motors and rucksack batteries, I saw them perform at an e-bike show at New Milton in the New Forest in 2007.