Help! Tongsheng TSDZ2 power gone

Lewie

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 23, 2020
Hi hopefully someone can help. Had a TSDZ2 fitted on my Whyte and decided to get the ST link program kit from America to basically derestrict it. I tried numerous attempts to do this via the ST visual program tool with no success. However on my last attempt all power has gone. I inadvertently left the battery turned on whilst inputting the new values. Would this have fried the motor and is it reversable? It's a 250 watt motor, 36v. with 36v 17 ah battery. Thanks.

Attachments

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
In the worst case, it'll only be the controller that's bricked and you can buy replacements, so no need to panic. About £40.

Lewie

May 23, 2020
Phew that's a relief. If the controller is gone would that stop the motor working then? I take it you mean the xh18 I have fitted? Thanks Andy

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Phew that's a relief. If the controller is gone would that stop the motor working then? I take it you mean the xh18 I have fitted? Thanks Andy
It's the controller that gives the power to the motor. It was the controller that you were trying to reprogram. It contains a CPU, like a computer. If you upset the code in it, it doesn't know what to do. It's difficult to say what you've done. It might be repairable if you can fix the code.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lewie

Swizz

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2017
Sk14
Before buying a new controller you could try re-programming with the standard software and getting it back to a known condition.
Standard software can be found here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eGcBtTj8GrGQ4tDJAECr6ejMrpW2ZqvH

and instructions here https://www.eco-ebike.com/blogs/eco-cycles-instructionals/tsdz2programmingfromscratch
Yep all of this. Begin as they guide you by reading what firmware is currently flashed onto it - comparing that with the standard firmware (view it in a text editor, i.e Notepad in Windows) will tell you if that is the issue. This also tests your programming lead & pc so is worthwhile.

Lewie

May 23, 2020
Hi all. Many thanks for your help. After having a close inspection and cutaway of the connector from the main unit to the xh18 controller I realized the connectors were bent. Straightened then used the program mode as SWIM || Device: STM8S105x4. The one I was using previous suggested X6. All working well now . Thankyou very much Andy

Reactions: Swizz

Swizz

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2017
Sk14
Hi all. Many thanks for your help. After having a close inspection and cutaway of the connector from the main unit to the xh18 controller I realized the connectors were bent. Straightened then used the program mode as SWIM || Device: STM8S105x4. The one I was using previous suggested X6. All working well now . Thankyou very much Andy
Yay!