Tongsheng TSDZ3H Anyone tried?

JohnDaBike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2020
While browsing the Tongsheng website I saw the TSDZ3H and I was wondering if anyone had installed this mid drive unit.

Reactions: Swizz

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Thats the custom frame fit version not seen one in amass production bike yet but have seen loads of bosch and steps frames going very cheap sub£100

Reactions: Swizz

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

Swizz

Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2017
Sk14
Thats the custom frame fit version not seen one in amass production bike yet but have seen loads of bosch and steps frames going very cheap sub£100
Ah gotcha. Yes have seen a Bafang in the same style. Prob a good option for replacing a Bosch or Shimano setup that may be beyond economical repair?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I doubt if one can simply swap out in to any other frame as the housing will be different. Unlike a BB crankk drive which uses a std English type in the main.
Pretty sure none of the various OEM bespoke housings are compatible.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
These and an adaptor might make a winter project cheap option for a frame have seen them at£800+

JohnDaBike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 6, 2020
I doubt if one can simply swap out in to any other frame as the housing will be different. Unlike a BB crankk drive which uses a std English type in the main.
Pretty sure none of the various OEM bespoke housings are compatible.
Yes agreed, and I understand that, I was just wondering if the TDSZ2 & TDSZ3H shared the same mechanical & firmware structures, aside from the form factor. For example did the OEM TDSZ3H use the same "Blue gear" or did it have some improved version to satisfy the OEM customers more demanding quality needs. Feedback from the brands using the OEM version may assist us lowly DIY builders in future improvements or upgrades.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Internal design will be chalk and cheese, as is the Bafang BBS & Max drive.

Reactions: JohnDaBike