Tongxin Information

spike

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2008
Can I ask how you got the spare parts, cost etc ?
Regards
Jerry
Hi Jerry

They were sent for free with the next kit when I reported the fault. I didn't ask, the parts and tools were offered.
I may be a bit slow to get the motor fixed. We had a baby girl delivered on Easter Friday. I'll try to find time soon though.

Spike

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
No problem and congratulations on the birth of your daughter :D

I have two daughters myself, but now all grown up. Clearly you will have a lot on your hands at the moment and for the next 20+ years lol.

Regards

Jerry

spike

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2008
Guys

Is it possible to upload the Tongxin Repair 1.4mb pdf file? Can't see how to do it? Do I have to post it on a different site and link to it?

Cheers

Spike

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Spike, I doubt you will be able to upload it here. If you want you can email it to me at jerrysimonsimon@hotmail.com and I will upload it onto my flickr account..

Regards

Jerry

spike

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2008
Hi Spike
When you assemble the outer ring and rollers together, use a press to install the rollers/ring over the motor shaft and twist the assembly in a rotary motion.:0)
Can you post a link to the type of press that would work best for this motor?

Cheers

Spike

wurly

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2008
Yeovil, Somerset
Spike
I used this one. You don't have to use a press, i have used a 'G clamp' before but having a press makes it easier. The motor sits nicely on the table with the spindle in one of the slots.

You assemble the three rollers(and the needle roller bearings) into the outer ring and push the assembly over the motor shaft. Having a press means you can use one hand to apply pressure and the other hand to twist the rollers in a rotary motion.

This is the only photo i have of the insides of a tongxin motor, but you can see the rollers that run inside the outer compression ring.
Have you taken yours apart yet? getting the cover off can be a problem too. I'd offer to fix yours for you if you didn't live at the other end of the world:)

Last edited:

spike

Pedelecer
Nov 29, 2008
Does anyone have an old rear Tongxin motor that they would like to sell? Doesn't matter if it's broken.

Cheers

Spike