Tongxin Nano Brompton Conversion kits for sale on Ebay!

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
I also did a quick freewheel test but that didn't seem too good? Any thoughts?
Nuts too tight on the axle? (not he outer ones, the inner ones between the fork and the motor casing)

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Agreed, it may be as Dan says your case axle nuts are too tight lol :eek:

BTW nice to see you posting Dan.

Those spokes look like they are cut for 1x but shown radial in the pic ? That looks like a stock Brompton rim 28h ? I always find with these smaller wheels the calculator comes out too long. I will check my calculation and get back. If one or two poke through slightly after tensioning up there is not harm in using your dremel to take them back flush, though in your case shown they are clearly too long.

Radial is much nicer and I have not had any problems with these motors and radial spoking in smaller wheels.

Jerry

Last edited:

cwah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 3, 2011
www.whatonlondon.co.uk
Got around to lacing the wheel. This is the first time so as advised I used Roger Musson's ebook as a guide.

How does it look?

View attachment 5675

I was going to do radial build but then for some reason ordered spokes for a 1x build. Doh! A case of either too much or too little caffeine at the time.

Have a problem now though. After the first pass of tightening the spoke nipples it looks like the spokes are too long. Are they too long or have I laced the wheel wrong?

View attachment 5676

If I've laced it right (dubious), I guess I'm going to have to order some more and start again? If the wheelpro site calculation came up too long can anyone tell me what length to order now?

I also did a quick freewheel test but that didn't seem too good? Any thoughts?

[video=youtube;ydzzRMEkE9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydzzRMEkE9c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

As always, your help is appreciated!

James
Ahah that doesn't freewheel much. My guess is maybe you have tighten too much the nuts?