Torn between these two brands...

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bit of a thread resurection as this one has a nice pic of a vietnamese 8 freight.
Unbelievably one waits for one to come along and at present there are three 8 freights for sale on Ebay and one is an original Mike Burrows built machine, sadly I no longer have space or spare cash at the mo to buy one as other expenditure needs to be taken care of .

This one vietnam built £1500.

This one £1200 don't think it is a Burrows built bike and probably a vietnam built one.

This one £895 is an original Burrows build.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: guerney

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
It'd be nice to own one someday, but they are big bikes - I could hoist one up to hold flat against the ceiling...

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Bit of a thread resurection as this one has a nice pic of a vietnamese 8 freight.
Unbelievably one waits for one to come along and at present there are three 8 freights for sale on Ebay and one is an original Mike Burrows built machine, sadly I no longer have space or spare cash at the mo to buy one as other expenditure needs to be taken care of .

This one vietnam built £1500.

View attachment 51121

This one £1200 don't think it is a Burrows built bike and probably a vietnam built one.

View attachment 51124

This one £895 is an original Burrows build.
View attachment 51125
Are you absolutely certain you don't have storage room for an 8freight? Ceiling hoists are available - if you have a garage with a A frame roof, swivelled sideways against the ceiling could work, if you cut out a rectangle from the ceiling for the cargo box, if there's enough space between the joists? If you have a flat roofed garage, you could do the same, but your roof couldn't be flat anymore, because of the waterproof box you construct out of your roof for the 8freight's cargo carrier to poke out into. Hoisting bikes up to ceilings is under-rated IMHO.

Last edited: