Torq Factory Upgrade History

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Hi All,

It would be interesting to have a definitive list of factory upgrades on the Torq since its release together with dates. Just in the last day or two I have realised that the mudguards and lights have changed over the months. Anything else?

I suspect that Flecc may well have the answers - or perhaps 50cycles?

Thanks,

Django

Ian

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 1, 2007
Leicester LE4, UK.
Others probably know more, but what I know is -

The original Torqs had small mudguards and dynamo lighting and may have had a "comfort" saddle.

Mine (Bought new last August) has full mudguards, an LED headlamp (not very bright) powered from the main battery and an LED rearlamp built into the Velo sport saddle with its own batteries.

Djangos new Torq appears to have a large rearlamp on the carrier, mine just has a reflector there.

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Ian is correct regarding my light. I also have a Velo saddle, but with no built in light or reflector.

Mine was bought in November 2006.

Django

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I think it's mainly the mudguards and lights have been changed, as they have on the Quando as well. The Quando has been around longer and has had more changes, the Velo lightstrip saddle having been on that originally. It now had a wide comfort saddle.

The latest Torqs may have the Tektro brake levers now, given that some had trouble with the Diacompe SE8 ones usually fitted.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Flecc, Django

The new brakes on the Torq are now shimano, very firm and look great like on the new F-series, no specific data to hand but to me personally feel 10x better, the whole system now seems to have taken care of the slight shudder experienced when braking on older models, this did not impare performance or make it not fit for purpose, but just the character of the bike for that era.
Now there's a coincidence! I've just switched to a Shimano brake on one of my eZee bikes to counter very slight judder tendency. They say great minds think alike, but maybe we're both just groping in the dark! :D

Django

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2007
Thanks Scott, much appreciated!

I love the phrase, 'character of the bike for that era'. :)

Django