Touch screen phone holder

Old_Dave

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 15, 2012
Dumfries & Galloway
One of these Zixto waterproof / showerproof holders arrived today from eBay, not the cheapest method ... but may be one the nicest.
Spare bar mounts are available for clipping holder to different bikes and the lid is nice and secure, phone can be left in holder whilst partaking of pup grub and the touch screen works fine.;D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354632690.004993.jpg

http://www.zixtro.com/products/detail.php?M=0&uID=2&cID=8&Key=32

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
That's a very good-looking case.

Wound up getting a waterproof anti-shock tough case for mine (wouldn't last 5 minutes with me otherwise !). Highly recommended if you have a smart phone (browse other makes on their site) and the mount system is compatible with a whole range of cases if you change your phone in the future.

Kit including mount was better value than buying separately, and has withstood a fair amount of abuse already from proper rain whilst cycling to dropping the case whilst fumbling with a zip. Mounting system is incredibly robust and you get 360 degree rotation ability if you want it too. Very good if you want something strong as well as waterproof. This was for my phone but they do them for other types too :

Motorcycle U Bolt Handlebar Mount + Waterproof Tough Hard Case for Samsung Galaxy S3

Again, not the cheapest or best looking but I think definitely one of the strongest. And it's a lot less than having to replace the phone !

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
One of these Zixto waterproof / showerproof holders arrived today from eBay, not the cheapest method ... but may be one the nicest.
Spare bar mounts are available for clipping holder to different bikes and the lid is nice and secure, phone can be left in holder whilst partaking of pup grub and the touch screen works fine.;D

View attachment 4571

Flash - ZIXTRO - LIKE NO OTHER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice recommendation Dave. I may be in the market for one myself soon, IF my Speedict works with my HTC EVO HD (I'm not optimistic about that, based on other HTC reports of it not being supported on HTC handsets too well). If it doesn't work, rather than change phone handset, I think I'll just change controller to a
BMS S-series with the LCD controller, and sell my Speedict.