Trec 810 forks mxus hub

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Although not exactly cheap, nice 4130 forks for a front 250w motor are Surly disc truckers. With my G370 I had no need to alter the drop outs and the motor fitted perfectly.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Defo nicely priced, a quick look but I don't see v-brakes. I am looking at the oxford Oxford 26" Chromoly 28.6mm Threadless MTB Forks or if these are steel
No mention of metal though slightly cheaper

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Surly do a range of forks, look on sjscycles.

When I built up my Roadrat I didn't want just any old crappy looking fork but one with a bit more appeal to it, sometimes one just has to spend the pennies for better quality.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: PC2017

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
spend the pennies for better quality
:D Tbh I could but they would end costing more than the whole bike not to mention outlasting the bike as well. Nice to add that name/brand though to the future build list for me and others who might be looking.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

bugger - they are nice, the LBS just ordered them oxford, hopefully they'll do, tbf I did last well on the original cheapo all steel frame with rigid forks on a 350w, these oxford are similar in style.

The Surly do have nice eyelets for t-arms, plenty of mudguard mounts and look amazing, it never occurred to go up a price bracket or two. I always assumed wrongly that pricey was for downhill/enduro disk brake spenny or fatbikes not for us mere mortals - We really should start a thread with these little gems of knowledge. perhaps "Tried and tested quality brands and brand names"