Tref from North Wales

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London
We've just published A to B's review of the 2014 Pro Connect i8. Not sure what your budget is, but this one is well worth considering for performance and long-term value

http://www.50cycles.com/electric-bikes/proconnect-commuter/pro_connect_impulse_alfine_8g.html

Under the Reviews and Ratings section

"The BMW of electric bikes... if you pose the question ‘Is this the best way of getting from A to B?’, the answer is likely to be ‘yes’ for many people and many journeys... this is probably one of the best all-round electric bikes you can buy. It goes further than just about anything else, with mountains of power at legal speeds."

If your budget doesn't stretch to one of these, as a Torq rider in the past, I'd recommend one of the eZees above.

D

Deleted member 4366

I can vouch for the Ezee Torq. It's a very comfy bike. You could ride 50 miles in a day without even realising it. It's a perfect commuter and touring bike because it has plenty of torque and nice tall gearing for relaxed pedalling at speed, plus, it's easy to de-restrict for 20mph cruising, if that's what you want to do. Don't be put off by he looks of it.

The problem is that there's too many nice bikes these days, and new ones coming out all the time.

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
If you choose a bike from us happy to match Kudos offer, simply reurn in good condition and just pay the costs for returning the bike. We will arrange return delivery if you are not happy with the bike.

Looking forward to hearing which bike you go for.

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
Just to make life a tad more complicated, Tref:
Have you considered the Ezee bikes & kits from Cyclezee?

You could almost be describing me, except that my hip is merely playing-up as yet, but starting to be a nuisance :)

If you have a few minutes, have a look at my web site

www.cornish-alpine-ebikes.co.uk

The bikes Cyclezee sells have the same gutsy motor as the kit, which is not difficult to fit if you're of a handy disposition.
Jackhandy, thanks for the input.
I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed your web site, very well done, informative and humorous in places.
It's made me think a kit may be an option, especially as I enjoy building things. I'm not fazed by the actual hands on work but not to familiar with the theory side of things.
Tref.

Reactions: jackhandy

Taff

Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2011
Wrexham
Hello Tref,
I have a Neo Cross and it's brilliant. If you want to pop down to Wrexham you can have a look.

Taff

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Have you been to West End Cycles, Llandudno? Their website says they have some electric bikes but hardly any Bosch ones.

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
Hello Tref,
I have a Neo Cross and it's brilliant. If you want to pop down to Wrexham you can have a look.

Taff
Hi Taff, Thanks for the offer. The Neo Cross was actually my initial choice. Mainly because it looks right (sexy if you like). I have an aversion to bikes that are to chunky and especially ones with racks on the back.
What makes the Neo Cross a "brilliant" bike in your opinion.
Tref.

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
Have you been to West End Cycles, Llandudno? Their website says they have some electric bikes but hardly any Bosch ones.
Hi Wissy, As you know, West End Cycles is probably the nearest dealer to me. I did look on their web site last week and I phoned them. They do have several e bikes in stock including a Neo Race, which is the only bike that might interest me. I was going to go there last week but was laid up with man flu so haven't been out of the house. Will go for a look this week sometime.
Tref.

wissy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
Wales
Bear in mind WEC haven't got the best after sales service co pared to the effort they put into actual sales.....

I bought my bike from Electifying Cycles and despite them being miles away they have been brilliant at helping me out with issues not of their making and postage they sort out very very good.

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
Bear in mind WEC haven't got the best after sales service co pared to the effort they put into actual sales.....

I bought my bike from Electifying Cycles and despite them being miles away they have been brilliant at helping me out with issues not of their making and postage they sort out very very good.
Thanks. I probably wouldn't have bought a bike from them. I was just going to have a look being as they are the nearest.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

TREF

Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2014
St.Asaph
Well I've taken the bull by the what'sits and my Focus Thron Impulse will be delivered in the morning.
Not sure if I've done the right thing but there's only one way to find out.

Willber G

Pedelecer
Feb 15, 2014
Southampton
Well I've taken the bull by the what'sits and my Focus Thron Impulse will be delivered in the morning.
Not sure if I've done the right thing but there's only one way to find out.
£3k! :eek:
I hope you like it.