Two issues fitting Bafang BBS02B kit, help please.

Encantador

Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2008
Following on from other threads I have now recieved the kit and started fitting it to my Trek Hybrid.

First is that for some reason the motor connection does not just plug into the battery. I assume that the wire has to be joined to the two white plugs which are attached to the motor. Is there a simple way of doing this, ideally without soldering?

25D45E3B-CB99-46EA-A4DB-2B33AB6C5226.jpeg

The other issue is that the two bolts holding the battery to the frame are both in the bottom third of the battery. The battery is a 48v 17.5Ah so quite large. It does not feel safe only being held on so low down with two thirds of the battery unsupported. Are there any straps etc that might help. There is no way to thread cable ties through the base plate?

Thanks

Steve

Andy230262

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2021
Dorset
Hi I had the same problem. The top holes on the battery rack didn’t line up with the water bottle holes. I used the two holes in the metal part of the battery rack. I have done about 300 miles mostly off road and it’s all been good. I have seen people who have used u shaped channel over the down tube which then gives you a flat surface for the battery. I could find any aluminium channel big enough.

Asinrutee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 3, 2021
I used heavy duty Battery mounts that I found on eBay they worked well search for
Heavy Duty Ebike battery downtube mount / bottle cage bolt mount

Asinrutee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 3, 2021
If you put the following in the search field it will bring them up, “Heavy Duty Ebike battery downtube mount / bottle cage bolt mount”

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
These don't mention if the plastic used to 3D print them is biodegradable, which would be a bad choice of material for a bike - you don't want battery frame mounts to rot off:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Best ask the seller what those are made of - PLA is supposed to be a bit brittle, ABS might be better for that sort of application?

Last edited:

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Also (EU):

Previous discussion:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Correction: The delivery option is "vereinigtes königreich" - uk, yes they do ship to the uk

= €51.63

There's also a triple version:

Last edited: