soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: Woosh

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
When might you send the longer seat post? Got about everything set up today except the mount for my Kryptonite lock. Turned the pedals by hand and the motor kicked into life, all seems good and checked all bolts and spokes.
My little frame bag thing doesn't fit due to the flat crossbar design (rather than tube) so i'll look into getting a handlebar phone holder too.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
probably by the end of the week.
You can use the current post until then. There is a safety line marked at 22cm on the tube, the line must.be completely inside the seat tube.

The 350mm post carries a tiny risk of damaging the frame when the part inside the seat tube is between 15cm and 13cm.

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
When might you send the longer seat post? Got about everything set up today except the mount for my Kryptonite lock. Turned the pedals by hand and the motor kicked into life, all seems good and checked all bolts and spokes.
My little frame bag thing doesn't fit due to the flat crossbar design (rather than tube) so i'll look into getting a handlebar phone holder too.
Can't believe you've had it 3 days and not been out testing it yet lol. I'd have done 100 mile by now [emoji2]

Sent from my BUSH SPIRA D3 5 using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
are the tyres fitted good for 50psi?
yes, 50 PSI is good, right in the middle of the range.
Don't let the tyres go below 40 PSI for long period.
The recommended pressure is marked on the sidewall of the tyres, for kevlar tyres, it is usually 40-60 PSI. We inflate the tyres to 45 PSI before packing.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Got my lock on. Its the only place it will fit on the bike for now. I might relocate it so its pointing backwards, slightly offset off the longer seat post when it comes. Seems fairly sturdy where it is but those Kryponite mounts are ****, probably end up throwing it in a trunk bag tbh

IMG_20170529_201101.jpg

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Just took it out for a spin. Only a couple of miles. Runs well, one gear might need a bit of a tweak as its a bit noisier than the rest but apart from that all good. I find assist level 2 is fine so far, 1 is hardly noticeable, 3, 4 and 5 does everything for you lol

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Just took it out for a spin. Only a couple of miles. Runs well, one gear might need a bit of a tweak as its a bit noisier than the rest but apart from that all good. I find assist level 2 is fine so far, 1 is hardly noticeable, 3, 4 and 5 does everything for you lol
Sounds like a promising start :)

Be interesting to hear how it feels on a longer run. How far can you get on it, speed, that sort of thing...how easy is it to ride when the power tops out?

Waiting with quiet anticipation :)

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Sounds like a promising start :)

Be interesting to hear how it feels on a longer run. How far can you get on it, speed, that sort of thing...how easy is it to ride when the power tops out?

Waiting with quiet anticipation :)
On flat I can pedal over the assist pretty easily so it stops using any power. Probably maxed at 21mph down a hill but my fitness needs a lot of work. The gears seem very tall and I prefer to spin so I keep the gears quite low unless down hill.

• Informative
Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Mike,

Hi...I'm almost 80 and need a step through...is there one ?
yes, we have the Santana2 - a well proven step through with rear Bafang SWX02 motor, same as the Rio, but it does not have the same high level of bike components like the Rio. The fork, crankset, derailleur, freewheel and brakes on the Rio are lighter and better.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana2

Best regards

Tony

• Informative
Reactions: VictoryV

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
First 11 miles on the bike. So far so good. The battery display dropped 2 bars then put one back so its lost 1 bar so far. I've played with all the assist modes and used the throttle a little bit.
Only thing i've noticed is the front brake doesn't need squeezing in as far before you feel tightness, but the brake itself feels weaker than the rear brake.
The rack suits the bike IMO and seems sturdy, though I'm still waiting on a rack bag to come.
The lock mount i've put on is ideal. Also moved the brake and display around to suit my riding position, I wish the handlebars were a little bit higher up.

IMG_20170531_171317.jpg IMG_20170531_163257.jpg

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
I would hate the bars to be higher up, they look far too high for me as it stands. (all down to personal preference of course);). Give the brakes time to bed in and all should be fine.

• Agree
Reactions: soundwave

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
I would hate the bars to be higher up, they look far too high for me as it stands. (all down to personal preference of course);). Give the brakes time to bed in and all should be fine.
Yea i figured brakes need bedding in like motorbike brakes, they feel kind of wooden.
Maybe its just getting used to a cycling position again, my ass and thighs hurt so you can tell im out of practice

• :D
Reactions: chris_n

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Yea i figured brakes need bedding in like motorbike brakes, they feel kind of wooden.
Maybe its just getting used to a cycling position again, my ass and thighs hurt so you can tell im out of practice

thats no normal riding position lol and id never trust one of them adjustable stems of road.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
thats no normal riding position lol and id never trust one of them adjustable stems of road.
Its not adjustable, only the angle. Why wouldnt you trust it ive put all my weight on the handlebars and it didnt move lol. You talk nonsense get a girlfriend or something srs

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
go jump it off a 5ft drop and watch what happens ;)