UK or China for E-bike Kit

t1sugar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 28, 2017
Newcastle
Hi Folks,

I am curious to know folks experience. I would prefer to buy my Conversion Kit from a UK distributor / shop but as yet not one of the shops I have emailed over the weekend have replied, contrasting to this I sent a few emails to Chinese suppliers and to my surprise I have received reply's off them all (some within minutes).

Are UK suppliers over run with business / orders that they cant cope with more business, thus not answering emails, or do uk E-Bike Suppliers in general not answer emails. This is a worry as i am trying to spend a good chunk of cash and the lack of reply's makes me wonder what would happen if I were emailing for a fault.

I have seen a couple of threads where communication seem to be lacking.

Any thoughts!

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
I am wavering on this very topic also (and front hub versus rear but that a separate issue!). My assumption has been a UK supplier would offer better back up if there were issues (after all I am a newb to this stuff and electricals are occasionally DOA) but still very much on the fence for the same reasons you give . . . will follow this thread with interest

Reactions: t1sugar

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Agree, you're not alone i've had similar issues. It's like trying to find a good plumber who doesn't want to charge brain surgeon prices!

• Agree
D

Deleted member 4366

UK sellers sell whole kits as a catalogue item. They sometimes have more than one kit. I'd be surprised if many of them know the actual speed of their motors or how much current their controllers give.

Chinese sellers tend to sell individual components, so you can pick and mix to get exactly what you want.

I buy from UK if they have what I want, but they rarely do so I buy most stuff from China. The stuff isn't any cheaper from China. I don't know whether I've been lucky, but from maybe 50 orders, I haven't had any significant problems. I think most problems that people get is because of their lack of knowledge.

Powerbikes

Trade Member
Sep 11, 2017
Whitehaven
www.powerbikes.uk
There has definitely been an increase in interest and sales of conversion kits but that shouldn't stop UK sellers from replying.

These kits have proved very popular lately. Especially the front kit with 17Ah Pannier battery.
https://powerbikes.uk/product-category/conversion-kit/

Any questions you're more than welcome to email me info@powerbikes.uk

Richard

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
I have bought a few kits from http://www.eunorau-ebike.com/ via AliExpress and got good prices and delivery in 9 or 10 days.
Now is the perfect time to have a look as the 11.11 sale(11 November) is their equivalent of our boxing day sales and good bargains can be had.
My last BBSHD was £440 delivered instead of the usual £650.
They even put the value down as just over $100 so almost no duty to pay.

tommie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 13, 2013
Co. Down, N. Ireland, U.K.
I have bought a few kits from http://www.eunorau-ebike.com/ via AliExpress and got good prices and delivery in 9 or 10 days.
Now is the perfect time to have a look as the 11.11 sale(11 November) is their equivalent of our boxing day sales and good bargains can be had.
My last BBSHD was £440 delivered instead of the usual £650.
They even put the value down as just over $100 so almost no duty to pay.
Yes, my last two BBS kits were from eunorau-ebike as well, FedEx delivered in 10 days or so, expect to pay duty though, £26 on my last order

• Offensive Language
Reactions: Ken J

malkie0831

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2016
GB
I bought a conversion kit in the UK last year and found several companies were ‘shut down’ over the winter due to slower sales. The company I used still has a message on their web site saying ‘back February’, it’s been there all year!

TJS109

Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2017
Glos
Hi,

I bought a TDZS2 kit from PSW power. I used their EU no tax free shipping option. So although they are a Chinese company the goods came form Germany. There were no problems, kit came in about 5 days tracked via DHL. As a test I emailed a request for the installation manual prior to purchase. I got a reasonably quick reply with some jpeg pages of the manual.

DynatechFan

Pedelecer
Oct 20, 2017
t'North
took the plunge and ordered a rear hub kit from Chinese seller with German dispatch - quick to reply to questions before dispatch, easy transaction, arrived quickly via tracked delivery. Alas, the battery bracket is damaged so I am waiting to see what happens next . . . well they posted out a new one, few days for delivery but cant say fairer than that

Last edited:

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Got my 11.11 sale items in the basket ready to order.
£467 for a BBSHD with colour lcd and a 42T Bling ring for £60.A few other bits and pieces to add and thats me set for another year.
Only problem now is deciding which bike to ride on which day!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Had a look on AE 11.11 for deals on TSDZ, nothing special doing. The unit price may be reduced but by the time you add on the exaggerated delivery, cost wise no much difference then direct from PSW via China or Germany.

Last edited: