Um/fast4ward_24v using the throttle in long grass

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
I'm new to throttles. My initial experiments using one on this new bike has been a lot of fun and has shown me just how useful they can be. Here is one example where it comes into its own in long grass where pedalling is impeded. This clip is of me trying to get onto the Basingstoke Canal having missed the entry point which is opposite the pub and having decided that this footpath would get me there ...

‪UM/FAST4WARD_24V USING THE THROTTLE IN LONG GRASS‬‏ - YouTube

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's unwise to pedal in long grass anyway if one has derailleur gears. I once clogged up a rear mechanism to seizure point in the space of less than ten metres that way.

kitchenman

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 9, 2010
Aberaeron, West Wales
It's unwise to pedal in long grass anyway if one has derailleur gears. I once clogged up a rear mechanism to seizure point in the space of less than ten metres that way.
Thanks Flecc. I do do an awful lot of unwise things. I very seldom think about the consequences. I' m not going to tell you what I did on my CX700 yesterday. Thankfully Mark is seldom on the forum otherwise I dont think he would talk to me again! ... anyway, if you've been following my tweets :) you'll know that all my machines have been cleaned, oiled and greased ready for the next adventure ...