Updates available for Kiox, the app and the portal

mimichris

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 11, 2020
It does not work, I click on the Kiox, but nothing happens, it is well associated with my smartphone, I see the Kiox, its name is everything.

I think Bosch may have stopped the updates may be due to a bug. I will call them Monday because I write to them but they do not answer.

D

Deleted member 25121

It does not work, I click on the Kiox, but nothing happens, it is well associated with my smartphone, I see the Kiox, its name is everything.

I think Bosch may have stopped the updates may be due to a bug. I will call them Monday because I write to them but they do not answer.
What version of firmware is loaded on the Kiox now?

This shows that 2.0.0.0 is the latest version and also now to find the version loaded:

mimichris

Jan 11, 2020
the version is 1.0.0.0 I just bought it and mounted it on my bike instead of a Purion. It is therefore not up to date.

D

Deleted member 25121

the version is 1.0.0.0 I just bought it and mounted it on my bike instead of a Purion. It is therefore not up to date.
Just a thought - the Kiox needs to be on the bike and your phone needs to have wifi access at the same time as communicating with the Kiox.

mimichris

Jan 11, 2020
Hello,
I reset the Kiox to factory settings, it changed BlueTooth number.
I started again as if it was the first time that I installed the Kiox on my bike, I made the association with my smartphone, all the parameters are correct, my account is correct, but it still does not offer update and nothing tells me there is one on my smartphone.

D

Deleted member 25121

It looks like you've done everything you can and, like you, I wonder if Bosch have withdrawn the update or have a problem with their servers.

mimichris

Jan 11, 2020
I got a response from Bosch today about the update, and I turn on my Kiox, oh surprise, I see an update to 2.0.0.0, I reconnect my Kiox to the bike and I go into configuration and there, I have the update, I click Ok the update starts and is done in 2 minutes.

Reactions: ebiker99

DroidOne

Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
Stockholm (Sweden)
I got a response from Bosch today about the update, and I turn on my Kiox, oh surprise, I see an update to 2.0.0.0, I reconnect my Kiox to the bike and I go into configuration and there, I have the update, I click Ok the update starts and is done in 2 minutes.
Can you activate the lock feature after updating? https://www.bosch-ebike.com/en/products/lock/

It's supposed to be available with the 2.0 update, but I can't activate/find it anywhere. Also tried a factory reset.

I bought my bike last year, its a 3rd gen bosch act line, so it should be fully compatible:

The premium 'Lock' function, in conjunction with the Kiox display, is compatible with the Bosch Active Line and Active Line Plus Drive Units from model year 2018 or the Performance Line, Cargo Line, Performance Line Speed and Performance Line CX from model year 2020 onwards.

mimichris

Jan 11, 2020
My 2019 Performance Line CX (MY19) I thinks, engine is not compatible see the Bosch website.
It seems that it is the Performance Line CX 2020 model which is compatible.
I have the latest version 2.0.0.0 of Kiox but I do not appear in the configuration Lock mode.

"Kiox's friends are careful.
The Lock premium function associated with the Kiox screen is compatible with all three generation Bosch engines (Active Line, Active Line Plus, Performance Line) and four (Cargo Line, Performance Line Speed and Performance Line CX). Please be sure to update Kiox and DriveUnit to the latest version of the software. "

Last edited:
Reactions: DroidOne

mimichris

Jan 11, 2020
In fact generation 3 does not exist mine Performance Line CX engine (MY15) of 2019, manufactured in 2019 is second generation, I asked Bosch. It is not compatible with Lock.