Help! Used E-Bike pricing and selling suggestions

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's nothing to do with VAT. You can buy a 1 oz silver coin from Bullion by Post for £30, which includes £5 VAT, then sell it on Ebay for £27 any day of the week. If you take your time, you can get £29. Why's that?
I showed you why with the car market, not the irrelevance of the highly variable bullion market.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you sell on ebay now and sell over 1k a year you have to pay tax it takes the fkn **** as id have to register as self employed.

and if you buy more than 10ks worth of gold you have to pay tax on that as well.

Reactions: Woosh

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Also bear in mind - on a car - if the emissions suck you have a premium in first registration to pay that you don’t have to pay on a used car.

Reactions: flecc

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
Value of a second hand item is exactly price accepted by both seller and buyer. To find average value you have to find auctions of similar items and wait till somebody buys them.

BTW now is not a good time to sell bike. Wait till spring.

Also take into account general condition of a cycling market. Couple of years ago I bought a bike for my son. RRP was £800, I paid £600 and few weeks ago price went down to £250.