Video Editing Software for PC.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
subscription fee to let you over clock the gfx card
Or activate more cuda's for a set amount per month. You will own nothing and be happy!

thread limit in DaVinci Resolve
Is this resolved in the paid version or is it software limited for a reason?

A quick updated update on the quad core - my initial test of a CAT video was a low quality 30fps 8Mbit file, GoPro 1080p @60fps is 30Mbit, I normally render at 18Mbit any lower in past YT vids I was getting crapy res. The quad core does NOT fare much better with these higher input mode videos, I had to dumb down the input mode to 720p@50fps to get a decent play back from source whilst scrubbing, although it does fare better at rendering and scrubbing with these lower input modes. It still does not fully boost the CPU to 2.4Ghz and hardly uses any RAM & as for the video memory, 6% total usage at best, however it does use 30% when encoding.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Is this resolved in the paid version or is it software limited for a reason?
It appears to be an issue for some dual Xeon setups in every version of Davinci Resolve, which Davinci haven't yet resolved in Resolve.

I normally render at 18Mbit any lower in past YT vids I was getting crapy res.
Vimeo applies less brutal compression than Youtube; delivers at higher bitrates. But hardly anyone views Vimeo vids.

Reactions: PC2017

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• Informative

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Haiku OS is nearing release - free, even runs on somewhat old PCs:

Haiku beta 4: BeOS rebuild / almost ready for release / A thing of beauty
Open source reimplementation could be even better than the original in its prime

Looks like OpenShot Video Editor is available for it?

I might clear a HD on a golden oldie, or load Haiku in a VM, to try both out .

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
LosslessCut is fantastic for snipping out a video file segment at original quality.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I might put my GP on tomorrow, weather is either too hot, too cold or too windy for a good run.

Just shopping going in 2-3 shop in a few hours it's hard to remember or justify clamping on the cam, however I have seen all sorts of dumb driving & tbf some quality drivers (although they would need a rear cam to do them justice, then it's two cams to secure while shopping) I plan a long 15 mile trip tomorrow so I'll put cam on & try to remember when I get to the out or town shop to take it off.

artspeck

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2016
Sunderland
Thanks for the suggestions.

I am going to give PowerDirector and DaVinci a go, hopefully I can run them inside a virtual machine so I dont have to install and then un-install on my main desktop.

Magix does have links to a 'free' version, but it looks like yo have to pay a years subscription (circa £28) to use it.
Davinci absolutely mind blowing and fully loaded for free, no catch, no time limit. Try this and you won’t go wrong-promise.

• Informative

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I heard it mentioned a few times on YT, but never looked into it, I always assumed it was paid walled or MAC OS only. I assume you don't get any nasty watermarks etc??

Magnoliayy

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 27, 2021
The statistic that core gamers generated 66% of mobile revenues in 2020 is a noteworthy insight into the dynamics of the gaming industry. It reflects the enduring appeal of immersive, high-quality gaming experiences on mobile platforms. This trend underscores the importance of catering to the demands and preferences of dedicated gamers within the mobile gaming sector. Additionally, this data could have implications for various stakeholders, including game developers, advertisers, and even online bookmakers https://online-bookmakers.com/ who may find opportunities in targeting this specific demographic with tailored offerings and promotions. Understanding the spending patterns and preferences of core gamers can help shape strategies in a rapidly evolving market where competition for user engagement and monetization remains fierce.

Last edited:

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
Looks like people on here use Video editing software on the videos they post.

So which Video editing software would people recommend, preferably free, although good software can be worth paying for.

Main use would be making short excerpts from videos\sound taken with one of my cameras, Akaso Brave4 or Techalogic FHD1080.

PC Is currently Windows 8, laptop is Windows 10.
I though I had it all sorted with an old Win7 desktop and Magix Movie Edit pro 10 until my daughter bought a Go Pro Hero11 and I soon discovered that my Magix could not handle 4k HD files. Had to covert them using Video Proc Converter which is free up to a certain file size. I did a whole mass of short clips to MP4 1080p. Now I need a simple program like Clipr to joint them up. Updating to a newer version of Magix is harder since it may not run on Win7!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I still use Open Source Shotcut, it's free, light weight ish, just enable proxy. It does most formats and can use hardware encoders, GPU/APU - However I don't use it much not much to edit, adding the cam to my bike takes more time than the shop run tbf .

With good road use I tend not to engage in situations that cause distress. Allowing Audi/BMW to pass before they feel the need to barge past. Keeping a close eye on Kuga and SUV q3 etc & above all staying well clear of Citroen drivers, I think the Citroen branding should be "Don't think, just drive":oops:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
adding the cam to my bike takes more time than the shop run tbf .
I leave the clip-in GoPro mount on my helmet. It's easier to sue drivers, when you have video evidence. I use zipties and a sticky pad, not these straps:

Added reflective tape too, three years ago. I've bought more since, will redo:

Not Scotchlite, but the cheap stuff mostly does the job:

"We are appealing for anyone who may have dashcam, CCTV, doorbell footage"

Last edited:

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I though I had it all sorted with an old Win7 desktop and Magix Movie Edit pro 10 until my daughter bought a Go Pro Hero11 and I soon discovered that my Magix could not handle 4k HD files. Had to covert them using Video Proc Converter which is free up to a certain file size. I did a whole mass of short clips to MP4 1080p. Now I need a simple program like Clipr to joint them up. Updating to a newer version of Magix is harder since it may not run on Win7!
Trial version 16 worked on Win7. I hated what Magix has done to the interface, often used functions are now hidden two or more clicks away.

VSDC handles 4k, there's a good free version. Many functions hidden, but there are a lot of Youtube guides - V7.2.2.442 from 2022 works on Win7, unsure if their latest version does. The free version utilises my graphics card for rendering (which it does faster than Adobe Premiere BTW), despite claiming it won't. My firewall blocks it from the internet, like almost everything else. The "Pro" version is cheap.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
It's easier to sue drivers
I have near zero issues, I just give them all the room they need & if the wish to be a bum hole then I let em be.

Two passed me today approaching green lights going straight ahead, I was in primary but they passed me with ease as I slowed down a little, then I move to the right hand lane (dual road) to turn right at the next circle & passed them queuing when they hit McDs traffic. I sailed right passed looking more smug than they did passing me 4 seconds ago.

Thinking about it I could chest harness my cam and cover it while shopping, I still need a quick release rear cam though.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
I have near zero issues
Payout can be about 20k if you lose a limb (not enough!). I'm deffo a litigious nightmare waiting to happen.

Thinking about it I could chest harness my cam and cover it while shopping, I still need a quick release rear cam though.
You might be able to find a way to superglue+baking soda one of these quick release plates and buckle to a mount of some sort?

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
quick release plates
Thinking about it, I do have one somewhere in a box of firefly early cam gear tbf it was GP compatible.

litigious nightmare
Are they the two main descriptive's that pop from your personal word cloud:p;)

Still I need a cam, ideally one with a good battery or easy battery box extendable & some basic gyro. I think a rear cam adds a level of validity to the commencement of litigation.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Thinking about it, I do have one somewhere in a box of firefly early cam gear tbf it was GP compatible.
I worry those clip-on quick release buckles aren't designed for the forces they'd be subjected to when secured directly to a bike, as opposed to being situated on the body (they're usually on the helmet or body, both of which have flesh, and bone linkages in between the bike and them, absorbing bumps). If the bolt of an old quick release wheel skewer will fit through the hole of a GoPro arm, perhaps saw it off and thread it? If not, perhaps the bolt could be filed to the right diameter? Or perhaps the holes of an alloy GoPro arm could be drilled to fit the skewer bolt, and tapped? I'd sooner trust a metal bolt with an expensive camera, than a quick release buckle and plate! You don't want your hard-earned camera to be quickly released by a pothole, to go bouncing down the road and hit a granny on the eye, who then falls and gets squashed by a lorry or something. Her family would be livid and you could get haunted.

Last edited: