Vintage bike conversion

dwvl

Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2018
Essex, UK
The cable that the grip pulls will be routed to pull an electronic throttle that's hidden in a small box in the pannier.
Nice. I'd definitely make sure I had at least one brake switch fitted, to override the throttle when one of the linkages / cable sticks.

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
Not much more stealth than a rusty old Raleigh averaging 18 and a half miles an hour over an 11 mile circuit. Got to put a smile on your face.

Reactions: Spinnanz

Spinnanz

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2019
Not much more stealth than a rusty old Raleigh averaging 18 and a half miles an hour over an 11 mile circuit. Got to put a smile on your face.
I have to say I get some weird looks each morning (530am) when I pass much newer bikes while my chain guard is clattering away!

It's turned out to be a very practical, comfortable with a bit of speed in it and a bit more character than most other electrics.

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I have to say I get some weird looks each morning (530am) when I pass much newer bikes while my chain guard is clattering away!

It's turned out to be a very practical, comfortable with a bit of speed in it and a bit more character than most other electrics.
Great stuff which hub motor did you settle on ?