Vintage Italian ebike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
that is brand new and made like a old style bike it has dual hub motors buy the looks of it and disc brakes lol

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
no doubt you'll see pics of David Beckham cruising along Sunset Boulevard as he switches from petrol powered electric in a attempt to lower his carbon footprint for good PR

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It's nothing new, a retro look of an older looking style of bike.
Pashley have been selling similar retro styles for years.

Seeing that it has a UK flag on it and likely a UK produced bike, it likely conforms to EN15194 and has a hub motor and likely a dyanmo hub for the fixed lighting.
Must weigh a bit though haveing extras like the double forks, the finish makes one think the bike is a Ti bike in which case it will be a good few grand.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And the mudguards are far from the sensible ones we used to have long ago.

Its front mudguard will spray mud all over the bottom bracket and ones shoes, its abbreviated rear mudguard will spray mud up the riders back.

Last edited:

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
Gentlemen don't ride in the rain.

• :D
Reactions: flecc

matthewslack

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2021
I don't ride in the rain. What makes you think I'm a gentleman? ;)
A implying B dies not mean B implies A! You are free to continue not riding in the rain, gentleman or not!

• :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Gustave Trouvé’s 1881 electric tricycle, the first electric vehicle demonstrated to the world, on April 19th, using a Starley tricycle with Trouvé’s own batteries and electric motor attached. The future had arrived. [from Physique et Chimie Popularies, Vol. 2: 1881-83 (Alexix Clerc, 1883)]The first successful demonstration of an electric vehicle was a tricycle built by Gustave Trouvé, demonstrated on April 19, 1881 on the Rue Valois in Paris. Trouvé used a Starley eccentric tricycle chassis, and attached rechargeable batteries of his own design with an electric motor: an assistant drove the first electric vehicle in the world before an appreciative crowd. He was unable to patent his design, as the concept of such a vehicle had already been patented (a Humber trike with a steam engine). Regardless, Trouvé patented 300 other ideas, and swapped the very electric battery/motor combo from the trike into a small boat, and invented the outboard motor! The list of his electric inventions is enormous, from sewing machines and dental drills to wearable luminescent body art and portable UV lights for treating skin diseases. (There’s a great book on Trouvé you can find here.) Trouvé is one of those ‘lost’ inventors only recently rediscovered, whose impact on a dozen fields altered the human experience.

• Informative

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
In today's Telegraph; doesn't look too different from what's on offer today.
Harley fanboi discovers the bicycle.

A nice styling exercise, and looks very well made but ultimately form over function. Just like a Harley.
It's rear dropouts are much tidier than the Ital Ascot's.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
How well does that type of sprung front suspension work? Won't fit my bike

I doubt I'd be able to tear the front suspension out of this to fettle to my bike; bet it won't fit either

Last edited:

Craiggor 2

Pedelecer
May 30, 2018
Harley fanboi discovers the bicycle.

A nice styling exercise, and looks very well made but ultimately form over function. Just like a Harley.
It's rear dropouts are much tidier than the Ital Ascot's.
Pretty sure it’s an Italjet they do various versions of the Ascot -sport and adventure. Some come with leather umbrella holder, metal battery box and dropouts now seem to be bolt on. There’s also a mid drive version now. 9744ED03-815C-4C5E-A910-A386D769C76D.jpeg32DE7499-509E-4FBA-9DDA-B6444C8061C3.png3F20D513-5F44-4CFC-A5FA-9F5C60BCD020.jpeg81E0BC1A-B3AC-4A5B-BCC0-4D86438AA851.jpeg

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
How well does that type of sprung front suspension work? Won't fit my bike

These are trailing bottom link forks, I think. In general they're not in favour since they're heavier than telescopic forks and the damping mechanism was inferior (back in the day, it was mechanical damping - not fluid), which is why they disappeared from motorbikes. There are modern equivalents for motorbikes, but the best are more complex than telescopic forks, and thus more expensive. See BMW K series motorcycles and Hossack.

Reactions: guerney