Voodoo Bizango 2019 with BBSHD?

Itswinter

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2019
Evening all,

A quick question to all the experts here, from a new entrant to e-bikes......!

I've got a Voodoo Bizango 29er on order from halfords; at first thought it appeared to be the perfect choice for a e-bike build with a Bafang BBSHD motor. Now, i'm not so certain. The chainstay clearance looks a little tight and it's a 73mm bottom bracket, so i'm wondering if i'll run into issues of clearance. Does anybody here have any experience putting a BBSHD on this bike? There's still time for me to choose a different donor if the view is that it's no good....! Thanks in advance!

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The 73mm problem is overcome by the use of just one or the nuts and loads of Loctite
or buy or make something like a California e bike bracket have used the on a voodoo zobop with success

Itswinter

Just Joined
Apr 25, 2019
The 73mm problem is overcome by the use of just one or the nuts and loads of Loctite
or buy or make something like a California e bike bracket have used the on a voodoo zobop with success
OK, thanks for the advice - appreciated. I suspect I will have to do that to have a chance of it working, though with that adjustment I'm still unsure as to whether I'd clear the chainstay. I guess I could measure one in halfords, but the staff do give you funny looks doing that!

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
I took a tape measure in and a cardboard cut out of the battery to Halfords :p the voodoo looks tight but I think it might be ok if not,:oops::rolleyes: it might need a file or the angle grinder and a spacer on the other side

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
The BBSHD is designed to fit both 68 and 73mm WITHOUT the need for spacers.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
It might be designed for both but spacers are sometimes required to clear the frame and get a chain line ,just because the bb is 73mm does not mean it will fit every time a lot depends on the frame design

Reactions: Kinninvie

fasteasyfree

Just Joined
Oct 6, 2019
OK, thanks for the advice - appreciated. I suspect I will have to do that to have a chance of it working, though with that adjustment I'm still unsure as to whether I'd clear the chainstay. I guess I could measure one in halfords, but the staff do give you funny looks doing that!
To drag this back up - did you manage to fit the BBSHD?

I have a TSDZ2 fitted on an old Mongoose, but plan on migrating it to the Voodoo, so I'm guessing the chainring sizing is probably similar.

EDIT: was in a rush earlier - modified to make sense.

Last edited: