Walking stick holder

Tinker

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2010
SA39
This may seem a rather odd question but I'm searching for a lightweight walking-stick holder to attach to my new folder. I need a stick to walk and the usual stick holders used on mobility scooters wheelchairs etc are too heavy. I know that good lightweight stick-holders can be quite easily purchased in France & Holland but has anyone noticed any in the UK?

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
I can't answer your specific question but I wonder if you could organise a way of mounting your stick with sprung clips?

Such is the power of this forum that I'm sure someone will come along with a better solution before tea time.

rh1968

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2010
Flecc's suggestion excellent - an alternative is a gent I see in my neighbourhood sometimes who has a length of PVC tube alongside his (sloping) top tube with a couple of holes drilled in it, through which there are cable ties attaching it to the top tube, he just pops his stick in there.

Or perhaps you could try one of those telescopic walking poles? There are some on eBay which have a proper walking stick handle and telescope down to 12", small enough for a pannier or even a large pocket.

lectureral

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 30, 2007
Suva, Fiji
Tea time here and I see I was right.

Tinker

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2010
SA39
Thanks everyone the Tube-to-Stick is the solution & I've ordered 1 via eBay. I use a tube & clips on the RSW but resemble a jousting knight sans armour & horse, it's ok around our very rural lanes but not really in public.