Want a tidy mounting solution

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I have changed my controller to a KT 500w 20a model. Unfortunately it doesn't fit in my controller box, and due to the power I think it would overheat anyway. My triangle space is quite limited with the big hailong battery in there, I have it in a frame bag currently but that looks messy and still holds a lot of heat in. Is there such thing as a ventilated bag or box? Or any easy DIY solutions? I could mount it naked I suppose but would need something to cover the connections, I don't fancy this due to vandals in the area though

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
Stick it in a toolbag under the seat like this one:
I have been considering this option but my trailer might get in the way. Was thinking maybe a box under my rack if it'll squeeze in there with some vents drilled in the bottom

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
thats a lovely neat conversion vfr you wouldnt even know it was electric,cool
Agreed, I didn't even realise I just thought the pic was just an example of the bag. Who says home builds can't be tidy? On the flip side my modified Carrera looks like it crashed into a spaghetti factory(wires everywhere), I really need cut some wires down to size so they're not haphazardly bundled together with cable ties and spiral wrao

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Agreed, I didn't even realise I just thought the pic was just an example of the bag. Who says home builds can't be tidy? On the flip side my modified Carrera looks like it crashed into a spaghetti factory(wires everywhere), I really need cut some wires down to size so they're not haphazardly bundled together with cable ties and spiral wrao
annoying init bafang give miles of unnecessary cable length.you would think they would measure the typical motor to handlebar distance by either route and not some theoretical mounting position ten feet behind the bike.