Wanted WANTED has any one got a 48v battery hailong or similar they want to sell

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Hi
Has anyone got a 48v battery 15.0 ah or above they want to sell
Needed for a project on a budget a junk build with the tsdz2 48v otherwise would buy new from insat
Thanks Peter

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Unless you're not bothered about cell type or quality, which I highly suspect you might be, Insat would be your best bet, when I was looking for a new 48v (plans have since been shelved) I did ask insat if they would do a Hailong but never heard back, so If you do get one from insat let us know if poss.... Other than YOSEPOWER I was looking at....

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Thanks for that I will never use enerpower again last battery had not even been built after almost a month gave up and got a refund :mad: I had hoped someone on here who had upgraded to a 52v might have one :rolleyes:
I will have to wait until I can raise some more funds :(

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Yes I remember now, at least you got your money back, it's a shame that UK demand for hand built batteries is low and no UK company really offers all the new cases, testing and paper work to boot... I remember something about whisper been able to get built to spec batteries however I didn't read into it.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
A gooutdoors staple brand I believe, They look solid bikes I am always on the look out for a good used bike as 26" wheels on a half decent frame with V-brakes are becoming quite rare.

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
This one is a little bit different it started life at a us air base so its a bit of a beast, will post pics when the build starts if I ever get the fsa bottom bracket out

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
trying a cheap battery
I was leaving a cheap battery on the plans table myself and still might consider it for the future... Which brand did you go for any links?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
love the 6 year warranty ;):eek::rolleyes: I know it is a risk but 250watt at 48v should be ok fingers crossed

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I had a quick look at that one + a few others, the price difference between cheap cells and say LG is min a ton and then if you did buy LG celled you would have to remove the case take all the blue shrink wrap off the battery or remove a small amount to actually know for sure they used LG cells then there still is the remote possibility of fake cells...

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
We will know soon dpd app says 15 mins away and it going on a tsdz2 48v so it will not be as current hungry as a bbss 02 the motors in

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
A quick update range very good :D 30 miles plus on turbo very surprised it showed no signs of sag still had bars but this is on a tsdz2 48v with standard settings;) so not as current hungry as a bbs02 just ordered a second battery
The only downside is :confused: I cannot think of one yet so fingers still crossed
yes I know a cheap battery is a risk but at 624 watt for under £200

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
One would assume the cell is a standard Chinese brand cell and a part from the fear of getting fake cells, we would have to assume the it is the "western world" that is obsessed with brands and for obvious and understandable reasons. The brand offers some sense of comfort that you pay for quality, you get quality, however that said there would be a million Chinese folk out there who swear by a brand name we've never heard of and because a million plus people are using these batteries every day and trusting the quality, this Chinese brand could be equal or comparable to our known brands if not even made in the same factory or at the very least the factory next door.

Like you rightly say for the prices these batteries are nearly half the price of those with LG cells in them and if they only last 250 cycles thinking about it that's a good amount of charges, at 1 full charge per week, or about 50 charges per year, that's a five year life span if used in a sensible fashion and that goes without saying really.

Please keep me updated if poss - problems or impressions, good or bad - I am seriously thinking that a 48V battery with branded cells and high AH is going to cost too much and I might not even get the case I desire so I have put generic brand battery on the table thanks to you good sir!

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
The ones with the Samsung cells are only 29e not a great cell or at best a 35e unless you buy built in the uk you do not know what you are paying the extra for unless you break the warranty seal anyway and even then one uk supplier uses recycled laptop cells I purchased 26 ah two battery packs for less than one 17.5 ah over here and it arrived in two days so must be eu/uk stock

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
I know yosepower have German warehouse space and I believe that BMSbattery and PSWpower also use the same setup for high value items. I really do prefer front hub motors and the Bafang branded one I have my eye on from aliexpress is not EU stock and I hate to think about the extra charges on £200-300 worth of equipment if it got stopped at customs, so in away I am rather pleased these China based companies have thought it through and provided an unhindered shipping solution, rather clever IMO, if you pay £200 for EU stock somewhere some government takes at least £40 in VAT, surely?

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Just throwing the box away found instruction book its in German ,so looks like that's its intended market remember vat is on the declared value by the sender on arrival in the eu country
Have used PSW power for the tsdz2 [I paid £279.00 total cost to the uk tax paid] on checkout an option to send from china to the eu and charged an extra 15 dollars to pay the vat and duty- postage and then resend from the German warehouse :D

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The ones with the lg cells are only 29e not a great cell or at best a 35e unless you buy built in the uk you do not know what you are paying the extra for unless you break the warranty seal anyway and even then one uk supplier uses recycled laptop cells I purchased 26 ah two battery packs for less than one 17.5 ah over here and it arrived in two days so must be eu/uk stock
LG cells are not 29e or 35e these are Samsung.