Wanted - Mezzo ebike or parts to convert D9

treasuresfather

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 20, 2018
Hi -
I bought a Mezzo folding D9 a couple of years ago with a view to converting it to an ebike.
Does anyone have a Mezzo ebike for sale or parts to convert ? I live near Derby and would appreciate any advice , even if it's a pointer to someone locally who would build the motor in the rear wheel.
Thanks
Tom

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Mezzo folding D9
Is an mezzo ebike mid drive? I had a quick google and found one picy of a mid drive, looks like 20" wheels? - probably going to cost a fair wack to get a bike shop to spoke you a 20" wheel with a hub motor, a mate of mine got his 700c wheel respoked and he had the motor, took our (e)bike shop 2 weeks to source the spokes from the bikes original stockist then another week to fit it and cost him £90. Have you considered a front hub with rack battery, I can't say much about the YOSE batteries as I have recently been out off the idea however the kits are excellent and the batteries are good for flat rides and a bit of shopping. All depends how much power and speed you want!
https://www.yosepower.com/en/product/Hub-Motor-36V250W-20"-Front-Motor-Bicycle-E-Bike-Hub-Conversion-Kit-Silver-DIY-E-bike-LCD-Display-with-Front-Light-121.html

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Sorry I was of no help - Good luck in your search and ebuild!