Went in the bike shed for a couple of hrs...

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
when I came out the snow had started and settled and I nearly slipped AOH:D of course I only came out for tea thinking my wife had passed away as my hourly tea delivery had passed by and flipping cheek! she had fallen asleep in front of the fire:rolleyes: Is that anyway to treat a hard at work tinkerer:confused:

Oh well, another few days without a ride I suppose.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Oh well, another few days without a ride I suppose.
Only today and much of tomorrow as the snow melts with any luck. According to the forecasts the weekend should be fairly pleasant and snow free.

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
I suspect she was enjoying the peace:D
You`re right, maybe I should take the back door key with me so she can`t lock me out;) I mean! I couldn`t stand that cos I haven`t got a kettle in the shed:D

Old Timer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 5, 2009
Managed to get out today

Well! the snow all went and the roads seemed ok. I set off with both the alien battery on the rack and my powertrek battery in place + loaded panniers and heavy winter clothes. I did intend to try to run one battery down and have the joy of swapping batteries but the wind was very cold and the gusts were quite blowy( so much so that cycling into the wind and cruising downhill without pedaling saw me being brought to a halt from just the wind pressure:eek: So I headed for home and only managed around 10 miles:eek: but then, it`s not a race and I got a fair workout anyway. What I did notice was that the Alien battery certainly seems to have more get up and go in it over my bike one and considering the weight I was carrying and the wind I was amazed that I didn`t even see a flicker from the top light. After lunch my afternoon knap will be most inviting:D