What about Wisper Works 905E

musicbooks

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2007
I am about to purchase an eZee forte to deal with the very steep inclines around Bath. However, last minute jitters... what about the Wisper Works 905E. Someone at work suggested it would also be a good choice for the money. Any opinions on this most welcome, including reliability, aftercare service of suppliers etc..
musicbooks

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The 904e is a less powerful bike, more mainstream like the eZee Sprint etc., so I wouldn't be confident about it's performance on those extreme Bristol hills. Wisper are a new company here, but are reported to give good service. Possibly they have an owner in that area who could oblige you with a test on those hills.

Only the Forte/Forza and Powabyke have the very high power motors.

Wisper are bringing out a 904se model which could be more powerful, but it's likely to be more of a Torq competitor, possiobly geared for speed rather than additional hill climbing. Of course until it's launched and on the road, we won't know it's abilities, but it's been delayed for a while now and should have been out months ago. Therefore very much an unknown quantity.

Last edited:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Who with, Powabyke or eZee? :)

As I'm sure you know, my posts are based on the known technical facts, personal experience and engineering knowledge.

When no facts exist, I give such interpretation as is possible of what is known. Where suppliers don't give sufficient information on their products, and/or don't submit them for independent review, they suffer from lack of mention or recommendation of course. They only have themselves to blame for that, and they lay themselves open to suspicions that they have something to hide.

Steve

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 28, 2007
Wisper Works

I have just bought one second hand.. .after testing the Ezee sprint and the Giant Suede....

It's a great "bike", looks and feels like a bike... a good weight and looks good too.

I thought the Ezee was quite good but found it very "clunky" and the Suede was old technology for me.

I couldn't afford the more expensive Ezee bikes.

So far I am really happy with it

Steve